It is currently Wed 25. Sep 2024 5:27:05

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: P & I GAIN
PostPosted: Sun 22. Mar 2015 21:12:21 

ZeXx86 wrote:
Thanks for the video.

It is really very strange.

Did you tried to enable Extended signal processing, just for test?
Also did you checked if cyclic is without any movement on the ground when motor is running? (without blades)

I know that bigger Goblins have little bit problems with rotor heads in some cases and it was nearly impossible to fix the problem. It is caused by imbalance that is created when rotor is spinning. Oscillations on the video are very same as when something is not balanced.
Can you check if there is any play in the mainshaft?

Thanks for your reply, no i didnt check Extended signal processing but did run the heli without blades and all was ok.

mainshaft is all good, no play.

Regards Alan

PostPosted: Sun 22. Mar 2015 21:33:21 
Site Admin

Also you can check if there is any play in the feathering shaft. There shouldn't be any.

PostPosted: Sun 22. Mar 2015 21:43:53 

ZeXx86 wrote:
Also you can check if there is any play in the feathering shaft. There shouldn't be any.

There is no end play (in/out) in the feathering, as for damping i have tried it with no shim, 1 shim and 2 shims and nothing made any diff.

Regards Alan

PostPosted: Wed 25. Mar 2015 17:29:22 

ZeXx86 wrote:
Thanks for the video.

It is really very strange.

Did you tried to enable Extended signal processing, just for test?
Also did you checked if cyclic is without any movement on the ground when motor is running? (without blades)

I know that bigger Goblins have little bit problems with rotor heads in some cases and it was nearly impossible to fix the problem. It is caused by imbalance that is created when rotor is spinning. Oscillations on the video are very same as when something is not balanced.
Can you check if there is any play in the mainshaft?

Well after trying many things with no resolve i thought i would try Extended signal, after 5.40min of just general slow circuits i was coming into land i was just above the floor and the modal just appeared to tip over.

It crashed quite hard and after checking the flight log it shows Main loop hang at 2:30/4:30/5:00/5:30 then at 5:40 power voltage to low, i checked batt still has 30% left in it.

Any ideas?

PostPosted: Wed 25. Mar 2015 18:11:17 
Site Admin

Very sad news.
I can't tell you what may be wrong at the moment.
But if your helicopter was in the air in 5:40 then something bad happened with BEC voltage.

I believe that such strange things you are observing are cause of too frequent servo movement. After servos were too hot, current also increases and in this moment BEC was unable to deliver required power. Low Voltage event can be seen when voltage drops under 2.9V (not on the battery but voltage of the power supply for the unit).

Did you still observed oscillations when it was enabled? If so, it may be very demanding for all cyclic servos. Especially if they are not coreless like Align/Savox.

PostPosted: Wed 25. Mar 2015 20:43:23 

ZeXx86 wrote:
Very sad news.
I can't tell you what may be wrong at the moment.
But if your helicopter was in the air in 5:40 then something bad happened with BEC voltage.

I believe that such strange things you are observing are cause of too frequent servo movement. After servos were too hot, current also increases and in this moment BEC was unable to deliver required power. Low Voltage event can be seen when voltage drops under 2.9V (not on the battery but voltage of the power supply for the unit).

Did you still observed oscillations when it was enabled? If so, it may be very demanding for all cyclic servos. Especially if they are not coreless like Align/Savox.

Thanks for your reply.
I find it hard to belive there was a problem with Bec voltage as im running a Hobbywing 100A ESC that has a 10Amp bec with 2 supply cables to the Spirit. As for cyclic servo they are MKS 92A+.

Regards Alan

PostPosted: Wed 25. Mar 2015 21:08:47 
Site Admin

You are right. These servos are fine with 3A BEC.

You can check this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RDpkln ... e=youtu.be
Here is video, where Goblin user is experiencing very strange behavior with vbar and microbeast.
In the flight it can create wobbles as you have described. But this is just example of similar strange thing.

Important is to know, whether extended signal processing helped you or it was very same.
In the case that it was better, it is possible that whole problem are extreme vibrations that are occuring somehow only with blades.
In the end of your flight it could be so bad, that even our unit was not able to correct this.

But this is only my theory, so I can only guess without checking your helicopter.

PostPosted: Sat 28. Mar 2015 9:02:36 

Hi I have again gone through the modal checking it out and can find no reason for this wobble, it can now only be 1 of 2 things in my opinion and that is either faulty servos or a faulty Spirit, I have ordered another set of servo's so fingers crossed.

Can I ask what changes were made with the new firmware, as I have 3 other spirit units on other models which I have now had the chance to fly after upgrading the firmware, I have to say none of the models feel quite the same.

Regards Alan

PostPosted: Sat 28. Mar 2015 21:38:46 
Site Admin

Hi,

regarding flight behavior, there shouldn't be any noticeable difference.
You can downgrade to older firmware to verify it.

Make sure that you have not enabled extended signal processing as it may cause little bit different behavior.

Also if possible, you can simply try another unit and load all settings to from Goblin there. But I guess that it will be same between these units.

PostPosted: Mon 30. Mar 2015 8:41:24 

ajbwn wrote:
after 5.40min of just general slow circuits i was coming into land i was just above the floor and the modal just appeared to tip over.
It crashed quite hard and after checking the flight log it shows Main loop hang at 2:30/4:30/5:00/5:30 then at 5:40 power voltage to low, i checked batt still has 30% left in it.

ajbwn wrote:
I find it hard to belive there was a problem with Bec voltage as im running a Hobbywing 100A ESC that has a 10Amp bec with 2 supply cables to the Spirit. As for cyclic servo they are MKS 92A+.

Well, does non necessarily mean anything, but:

buell47 reported about a tip over in this german forum.
(Hobbywing 100A ESC 2 supply cables to the Spirit)
buell47 also reported "main loop hang" somewhere in this (german) thread.
http://www.rc-heli.de/board/showpost.php?p=2948207&postcount=606
http://www.rc-heli.de/board/showthread.php?p=2949315#post2949315

Guess why buell47 is asking whether his wiring is ok.
http://www.spirit-system.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=442#p8595