It is currently Mon 23. Sep 2024 11:21:42

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sun 15. Mar 2015 22:11:06 

it would be great for some videos showing the different ways to program stability and rescue

PostPosted: Mon 16. Mar 2015 1:09:22 

I agree with JTooth, many including myself are still struggling with the TX setup (banks, gyro, channels, switches) Vids like JMann did for the FBL setup would be appreciated.

PostPosted: Mon 16. Mar 2015 8:13:00 

jimthetooth wrote:
1 switch with gyro -60 0 +60

"gyro 0" may be a bad idea. You would have NO gyro at all.
rabshell wrote:
... struggling with the TX setup

The difficulty is, that this is TX specific.
I may offer you a configuration example for Deviation but can't help you with any other TX

My hint here is: Keep it simple!
Don't try to configure every possibility that Spirit can offer.
Think what you really need, and configure only this.

For a simple setup you may not need bank-switching at all.
Just one switch that sets gyro to negative to activate e.g. rescue - finish.

Last edited by linux-user on Mon 16. Mar 2015 14:15:33, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon 16. Mar 2015 10:54:33 

heres where im getting lost i need 3 pos normal,stab,rescue if stab is +60 and rescue -60 what is normal flight or is rescue -100? i appreciate all the help but i will say that i have jeti and spektrum, and used a futaba for a short time and i think a video with any radio with step by step on rescue/stab and banking would be a great help to all, settings would about the same just a different way of prog. i have atleast 10 hc/bd hsx3,s and have gotten good at setting them up with alot of help from danny/rocket but i still to this day dont understand how 3 settings (tail,head and horizon) which i thought i understood, could go to one gyro setting. it looks like the more neg the gyro setting is ,the more rescue, so if -60 is rescue than what is normal flying say as if it was a control without stab?

PostPosted: Mon 16. Mar 2015 11:12:58 
Site Admin

With Jeti transmitter you have all possible choices available, how to set this together.

I will try to do simple howto with images.
Which connection do you use?

With JETI you can configure the unit remotely from the transmitter.

PostPosted: Mon 16. Mar 2015 11:17:56 

I still use the computer for the programming I have not done the downloads and put everything on the Jeti yet. Thank you very much for the reply anything will help

PostPosted: Mon 16. Mar 2015 15:49:17 

jimthetooth wrote:
heres where im getting lost i need 3 pos normal,stab,rescue if stab is +60 and rescue -60 what is normal flight or is rescue -100? i appreciate all the help but i will say that i have jeti and spektrum, and used a futaba for a short time and i think a video with any radio with step by step on rescue/stab and banking would be a great help to all, settings would about the same just a different way of prog. i have atleast 10 hc/bd hsx3,s and have gotten good at setting them up with alot of help from danny/rocket but i still to this day dont understand how 3 settings (tail,head and horizon) which i thought i understood, could go to one gyro setting. it looks like the more neg the gyro setting is ,the more rescue, so if -60 is rescue than what is normal flying say as if it was a control without stab?

Sorry you got it completely wrong.
You CAN have normal,stab,rescue on a single 3pos switch. See here
But I would only recommend this if your 3pos switch acts as a spring switch on one edge.
You really want rescue on a "spring loaded switch" or "momentum switch" - sorry don't know how it's called in english.

The basic concept of Spirit rescue,stab functionality is:
- positive gyro is ALWAYS normal flying
- negative gyro is EITHER rescue OR stabilisation (which one, can be configured in the Spirit software)
- if you want both (rescue and stab) you switch banks (this is done on ch7 with -100% 0% +100% for bank0 bank1 bank2)

PostPosted: Fri 20. Mar 2015 2:47:16 

sorry if im a little slow but im getting different answers in some ways, the last mess said ch7 use banks 0-1-2 -100 0 +100 in another mess someone said 0 was wrong, but im guessing 0 is normal flying? and with these settings where will ch 5 gyro setting be? ( weather has been bad so not much time to test)