It is currently Mon 23. Sep 2024 9:27:16

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sat 14. Mar 2015 0:56:33 

not very clear in set up how to set rescue, have many Bavarian demons ,and set channel 6 gyro and assigned to switch and rescue works but don't sence any stability on the 3rd switch setting :?

PostPosted: Sat 14. Mar 2015 10:57:26 
Site Admin

If you have BD, then you can be confused, because settings is different. The best is to forget everything.

With Spirit you can use 6 channel transmitter to enable rescue mode just by changing gyro gain to negative values.
For start, I recommend set 60% Gyro Gain for normal flying, for second position you can set -60% for the rescue mode.
So it can work on any transmitter and you can still configure gyro gain remotely.

Make sure you have configured in Stabi/Function -> Rescue.

PostPosted: Sat 14. Mar 2015 22:52:03 

thank you for the reply, your saying that the stability and rescue cannot function on a switch like the BD? you have to have it programmed to one or the other?( which is ok but I just want to understand it better)

PostPosted: Sat 14. Mar 2015 22:56:03 
Site Admin

You are welcome.

No, you can switch between stabilisation, rescue and normal flight anytime. There are just more choices than BD.
With bank switching you can program it as you wish even with 6 channel receiver. But to gain more options, 7 channels are better.

So basically you can switch between different modes with bank switching, and activate it with Gyro Gain channel.

PostPosted: Sun 15. Mar 2015 1:54:32 

thanks again, im a newbe of 2 years into this and have not messed with banking yet,i have jetti ds16 and dx 16 so channels are not a problem, i have watched every vid on this i could find but it doesnt give enough info. having 3 positions, stability-standards and rescue-. 60+ - 60- gyro i understand but wheres the third setting, is it 100.

PostPosted: Sun 15. Mar 2015 12:06:06 

I'm pretty sure if you want to use all 3 functions you need to set them up on the banks within the spirit software. Eg bank 0 = normal. Bank 1 = stability. Bank 2 = rescue.

PostPosted: Sun 15. Mar 2015 13:40:03 

i had banks on the 1st try, set the gyro channel to a 3p switch rescue worked but didnt seem to have stability , i can hover without it but still shakey so testing is iffy lol. i just added bank to the same switch and adjusted +60- 0- -60 in the radio servo adj. just did a test flight and flying normal,no stability and rescue seems to work so im lost in how stability works and what to set for it, i was showed how to set BD/HC but never explained how it works and am the only one in my area im told that uses them. also i just noticed the channels on the spirit and on the radio dont match but everything is working but the stability, does that need to be done? thanks for any help

PostPosted: Sun 15. Mar 2015 14:16:08 
Site Admin

You can simply configure rescue for example to bank 0 then for example rescue (acro) to bank 1 and stabilisation for bank 2.

Then with gyro gain channel you can enable these functions by changing Gain value to negative.
With bank switching you can select which one you want to activate (not immediately, but after Gyro Gain is changed to negative).

PostPosted: Sun 15. Mar 2015 16:24:24 

jimthetooth wrote:
also i just noticed the channels on the spirit and on the radio dont match

What do you mean with "don't match"?

For a simple setup check the last post in this tread
But I would recomend to have rescue on a dedicated momentum switch.
Otherwise you may end up 50m in the sky before realising what's going on. :o

If you want to use every possibility that Spirit can offer you need 2 channels, and probably 2 switches
Common, is:
ch7 for bank switching, which you can do with a 3pos-switch (e.g. the Flight mode switch on your TX)
ch5 for gyro sensitivity.
Than to activate rescue, you set gyro to negative with a momentum switch.

The Spirit part is easy.
The tricky part is probably to assign the switches to the channel-values in your TX

Let us assume an example you may want:
FMOD0 = Normal flying (with possibility of rescue)
FMOD1 = stabilized flying (no extra "tricks")
Your normal gyro setting may be 60% (on ch5)
Then:
In Spirit software setup 2 banks
- bank0 with "Stabi - Funktion - Rescue (normal)"
- bank1 with "Stabi - Funktion - Stabilisation"

In your TX you assign:
FMOD0-switch = -100% on ch7 (select bank0) AND +60% on ch5 (select normal flying)
FMOD1-switch = 0% on ch7 (select bank1) AND -60% on ch5 (select stabilisation)
RESCUE-switch:
-60% on ch5 (override the value of FMOD0-switch);

Last edited by linux-user on Mon 16. Mar 2015 10:32:23, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun 15. Mar 2015 22:09:32 

i want to thank everyone for the help it was great, i think it a little over my head because the adj in the txs is also new to me but i believe i figured out with the help, enough to get a flyable heli with 1 switch with gyro -60 0 +60 , so far it seems ok but on a prev test it landed hard(in the snow lol) so need some parts before i can test better