It is currently Sat 21. Sep 2024 6:36:16

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Log Viewer
PostPosted: Sun 01. Feb 2015 12:38:55 

Hello,

I was wondering some time that during the initialization of the unit the swashplate goes up and down somewhat tilted. While looking at the manual I realized, that this indicates an older logfile including a severe error.
Without looking at this logfile, the unit does not record the log from the actual flight.

Is there a possiility to delete the older logfile e.g. by having a positive pitch during the initialization. Otherwise one has to connect the BT-dongle and to look at the logfile with the mobile app in order to ensure the logging of the forthcoming flight.

In the logfile I have normaly the error of low voltage at the time I connect the BT-dongle - first I connect the BT-dobgle to the unit and then to the power. Am I doing something wrong or is it a normal behaviour?

Regards

Post subject: Re: Log Viewer
PostPosted: Sun 01. Feb 2015 12:45:26 
Site Admin

Hello,

this behavior is there, because you should check what is wrong.
If it is deleted without viewing saved log, you are risking that something may be wrong, so you should not fly in this case.

Low voltage error shouldn't be there anytime. Where do you connecting BT module?
It has very small power consumption, so it shouldn't cause any voltage drops, especially if it is connected to the BEC.

PostPosted: Sun 01. Feb 2015 13:24:07 

Hello,

the low voltage message is definitely not thrown during flight - it only happens while connecting the BT module - maybe I try connecting in different order - first to the BEC and then to the unit. I am using a CC BEC Pro with 20 Amps.
But if you know that the logfile is stored due to a known issue, an easy way to delete it would be nice.

Best regards

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9515 mit Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun 01. Feb 2015 14:42:11 
Site Admin

Please try to verify it again. BT module should never cause Low Voltage event.
Can you send me one log file with this event?

Maybe there are other events that are important.

If it is really causing low voltage, then there must be something very wrong. BT module needs for operation approx. 50mA which is 400x less than your BEC can handle.

PostPosted: Sun 01. Feb 2015 17:15:31 

Today I made some flights and I had no 'low voltage' entry in the log file. This time I first connected the BT-module to the BEC and then to the unit.
The next time I will do it the other way round and will send you a log file if it happens.

But another question: When I connected the BT-module after the flight, I expected to see the full log since powering up the unit - but I saw only 3 entries (1 x initialization, 2 x good health), that were created sine the connection of the BT-module. Does the logging start only if the module is connected?

BTW: The flight was awesome.....

PostPosted: Sun 01. Feb 2015 17:48:47 

The question about the start of the logging when connection the BT-module is solved. The logging has a maximum time span of 10 Minutes. After 10 minutes the log is cleared and starts again with the initialization message. Thats the reason why I saw only three messages after connecting the BT-module.

PostPosted: Sun 01. Feb 2015 17:58:20 
Site Admin

Yes, you are very right.

All in all, it should not matter in which order BT is connected.