It is currently Sat 21. Sep 2024 3:38:15

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Fri 13. Sep 2024 17:53:18 

Zex,
Yes I have performed the vibration analysis as recommended, and I posted that earlier in this thread . It was 47-49 and in the normal range (referring to the rh side of the screen )

Is there anything else I could send you to look at or is mailing it to you my only option at this point ?
Thanks!

PostPosted: Fri 13. Sep 2024 18:01:36 
Site Admin

If possible could you save the plot from Y axis?

This would be very helpful.
Also attaching your settings file - 4ds and photos of where and how the unit is mounted will help too.

PostPosted: Fri 13. Sep 2024 18:38:42 

ZeXx86 wrote:
If possible could you save the plot from Y axis?

This would be very helpful.
Also attaching your settings file - 4ds and photos of where and how the unit is mounted will help too.

Yes I will figure it out and get that information to you
Thanks

PostPosted: Fri 13. Sep 2024 18:52:06 
Site Admin

Thank you, I will try to help to find the issue. Unfortunately it is 4 hours after our worktime. I will be available on monday in any case.

PostPosted: Mon 16. Sep 2024 21:02:14 

Zex,
The vibration info I mentioned prior was on the x axis , when I click Y axis the vibrations are much worse , like 200 , maxed out the chart and the graph on the right says extreme.
The other axis is about the same as the x axis and in normal range .

So it appears I have bad vibrations on the y axis only , which seems weird to me .
What range is acceptable in the Y axis , and what causes it to be so much higher than the other axis?

More importantly what things can I do to reduce vibration in this axis ?
The model is an Align TB40 and everything checks out perfectly.

Thanks

PostPosted: Tue 17. Sep 2024 0:27:03 

Driveline651 wrote:
Zex,
The vibration info I mentioned prior was on the x axis , when I click Y axis the vibrations are much worse , like 200 , maxed out the chart and the graph on the right says extreme.

So it appears I have bad vibrations on the y axis only , which seems weird to me .
What range is acceptable in the Y axis , and what causes it to be so much higher than the other axis?

Thanks

I removed the tail blades and it was better , I removed the tail blade grips and it went below 50 . (The tail rotor frequency)
It still had a high frequency for motor , so I removed the main blade head , and that frequency went down to 50 or so as well .
Neither main or tail feathering shafts are bent , I did weigh each grip and while the were very close I got the to match within 1 Grain .
Put them back on and it helped a tiny bit . Vibration were still around 140 .
I balanced both main and tail blades . Reinstalled tail blades and now have the vibration down to 143 on y axis .
This was all done on the bench .
I did install the mains and test flew it and it seemed to fly ok , after flying about 3 minutes I landed and then activated rescue auto and the blades went positive pitch and seemed to function as it should .
I will try activating rescue automatic while flying and report those results as well .

I’m not sure what more I could do in order to reduce the vibrations on the Y axis, but am open to Ideas .
Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue 17. Sep 2024 13:54:22 

Performed a test flight this morning, helicopter seems to fly well , and rescue auto works as it should , tested it 6 times or so during my 5 minute flight . Turn the rescue on off to set the hard deck and allowing the helicopter to hit the hard deck and it being rescued. All worked perfectly. Also tested it immediately after landing and it worked properly.
This is all while the Y axis shows “extreme vibrations “ while the x and z axis show normal vibrations.
To summarize so far , after the rescue auto mishap I repaired damage that was caused by the mishap . I went over the helicopter with a fine tooth comb . The spectrum analyzer showed normal vibration levels on x and z axis but extreme vibration on Y axis .
Removing the main head and tail blade holder’s put the vibration to normal on the Y axis as well . I balanced these components to within 1 grain , and balanced both tail and main blades. This reduced the vibrations on the Y axis slightly but still in “extreme “ range on the analyzer.
I test flew the heli and it flew normally , including the rescue function.

Please advise if there are any other steps I should take at this point .

PostPosted: Tue 17. Sep 2024 16:02:14 

Additional info :
I have an align 550x that I’ve had for years , was on beastx for years, switched it to spirit GT this spring , flys great and have had no issues with rescue to date .
I did the vibration analysis with the spirit software and had the same results as my TB40 x and z axis were normal ( actually higher than my tb40) and the Y axis showed Extreme ( also about the same as my TB40)
Different helicopter, in good flying condition, different spirit GT unit , same results on the vibration analysis.

PostPosted: Tue 17. Sep 2024 17:31:15 

Driveline651 wrote:
Zex,

Thanks

200 on the y axis, yikes ! you must be able to hear that vibration not only feel it :o . I would get that sorted soon as it will wear out moving parts.

I had some serious vibration issues on a brand new goblin kraken. I just could not get the tail vibrations down. so I dismantled it and weighed part by part. and found that the tail rotor grip was way out of balance one was heavier than the other. had drill out a notch to match it with the other. once I balanced every part per side all was fine from there.

On the graph i guess its indicating that the peak vibrations are from the tail?

Also check the tail blade tightness, test different tightness settings, not too tight.

Also bear in mind that you could get some resonance vibrations at a certain rpm. you could increase the RPM incrementally until the vibration is lower and acceptable.

PostPosted: Tue 17. Sep 2024 19:15:50 

[quote=“senaka”]
200 on the y axis, yikes ! you must be able to hear that vibration not only feel it :o . I would get that sorted soon as it will wear out moving parts.
[/quote]

The helicopter exhibits no signs of vibration, seems to fly very smoothly. Just like the 550x that has similar numbers.
I would be interested to hear some feedback of what your helicopters numbers are for comparison. I’m still waiting to get a response from ZEX as to what he thinks.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next