It is currently Fri 18. Oct 2024 7:26:13

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Wed 17. Jul 2024 7:56:04 
Site Admin

Gyro 2 and 3 are deactivated, because they are preassigned to incorrect channels by JETI.
For this reason Spirit profile does not allow such incorrect assignment.

First from all, using Gyro 2/3 for Rescue is not needed and is rather wrong.
You can simply create new function called Rescue, assign a channel and switch to it and then set (in the Spirit Settings or integration menu) Stabi / Function to Selected by Channel. Then assign F: Rescue (Normal/Acro) in the Channels to a free channel - for example channel 8.
Similarly you can create function Cyclic Gain in your radio and then in the integration assign P: Cyclic Gain parameter in the Channels.

However Spirit barely require Cyclic Gain adjustments. It will work with default Cyclic Gain at majority of models and usually with same gain for all headspeeds. So it is also not needed to constantly change the gain.

PostPosted: Wed 17. Jul 2024 11:17:53 

replies:
when programming a jeti transmitter, many roads lead to rome. that's why i'm a fan of jeti!
I've been using Jeti since the Jeti TG2 module (Graupner mx22s) around 2008. I've had the Jeti DC-16 since it was first released.
I guess to know the Jeti transmitter relatively well (my personal opinion), as I have already done some very interesting things for my F3C competition heli models.

but for “P: Cyclic Gain” the Gyro 2 would be ideal, analogous to the Gyro Tail!

it is not the question of programming functions etc. it is the problem of channel assignment Jeti/Spirit.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have spent some time testing/configuring.

yes, by creating a new model and setting heli to “Default” the channel assignment works correctly, but only if the default channel assignment of CH1-CH6 is left.
as soon as i change the channel assignments, the channels CH1/CH4/CH5/CH6 no longer work correctly in spirit.

I don't know how the channels are interpreted/converted here in the Spirit, or it is not clear to me why there is no 1:1 interpretation.
i also can't understand what this has to do with the software version when creating a new model, etc.

channel CH1 of the Jeti should also be channel CH1 in the Spirit etc., it's that simple.
to ensure that the correct values are defined for the corresponding channels, the user should take care of this himself.
if someone does not know their transmitter or does not understand what it needs, this person should not fly anyway - a helicopter is not a toy.

Conclusion:
i will not create a new model and repeat all the work i have put into my programming because of an fbl.
our philosophies are too different and i don't think there's any point in continuing the discussion here...

thanks anyway for your time and support!

johann

Last edited by johannCH on Wed 17. Jul 2024 14:28:32, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed 17. Jul 2024 11:24:37 
Site Admin

This is very interesting :roll:

Answer why channel mapping is not 1:1 is because we are trying to standardize channels between all transmitters, no matter what you are using.
For example - for Spirit channel 1 will be always Throttle and you do not have to care if it is JETI or Spektrum or Futaba.
This mean with all radios it will work out of the box with same settings between Spirit units.

Wish you happy flying :D

PostPosted: Wed 17. Jul 2024 15:41:34 

ok, I need to explain my Jeti setup in more detail:

Function Assignment
1...Throttle...........-
2...Roll.................P1 (Aileron)
3...Nick................P2 (Elevator)
4...Pitch...............P4
5...Yaw................P3
6...Gyro Tail..........-
7...Gyro Head.......-
8...Rescue............-
9...Bank...............-

The servo assignment (channel assignment) is defined as follows:
Function......Channel/Servo (Jeti)
Pitch .......... CH1 (-100% - 100%)
Aileron ...... CH2 (-100% - 100%)
Elevator .... CH3 (-100% - 100%)
Rudder ...... CH4 (-100% - 100%)
Throttle ..... CH5 (-105% - 100%)
Gyro Tail........... CH6 (-100% - 100%)
Gyro Head...CH7 (-100% - 100%)
Bank...........CH8 (-100% - 100%)
Rescue........CH9 (-100% - 100%)

the channel mapping in Spirit GT is defined as follows:
Function......Channel (Jeti)
Throttle ..... CH5
Aileron ...... CH2
Elevator .... CH3
Rudder ...... CH4
Gyro Gain... CH6
Pitch .......... CH1

to my understanding, the functions/channels are now assigned 1:1 between Jeti and Spirit. the same function/channel in Jeti and in Spirit.

but unfortunately this does not work correctly, because on the one hand the channels in Spirit are different and also the values are not always -/+100%!

the Jeti and Spirit Input Channels have the following values:

Channel.....Jeti [%].....Spirit [%]
Throttle.......-105%........87%
Rudder........0%............-45%
Pitch...........0%............-20%
Elevator.......0%............0%
Aileron........0%............0%
Gyro...........0%............0%

and the channel assignment isn't 1:1!!!!

Spirit Channel.....Jeti Channel
Throttle.............no Action............+87%
Rudder..............CH5 Throttle........-45% / +118%
Pitch.................CH1 Pitch..........-118% / +80%
Elevator.............CH3 Elevator.....-100% / +100%
Aileron..............CH2 Aileron.......-100% / +100%
Gyro.................CH4 Yaw.............-87% / +87%

die Jeti Channel Outputs sind immer -100% / +100%.
this means that the Spirit Channel CH1 Throttle does not react to any Jeti Channel.
and the Spirit Channel Rudder CH4 reacts to the Jeti Channel CH5 Throttle, and so on.

to my understanding, the functions/channels are now assigned 1:1 between Jeti and Spirit. the same function/channel in Jeti and in Spirit.

but unfortunately this does not work correctly, because on the one hand the channels in Spirit are different and also the values are not always -/+100%!

this means that the Spirit Channel CH1 Throttle does not react to any Jeti Channel. the Spirit Channel Rudder CH4 reacts to the Jeti Channel CH5 Throttle, and so on.

the Jeti and Spirit Input Channels have the following values:

this is what i mean by the channel assignment is not 1:1 and the channel values are not 1:1?!
I'm a bit confused...

i am convinced that i am not doing anything wrong with my Jeti transmitter. for other FBLs (AXON, miniTags, CGY760, miniVStabi) i followed the same procedure and it was successful.

regards,
johann

Attachments:
Spirit Settings Input Channels.jpg
Spirit Settings Input Channels.jpg [ 40.79 KiB | Viewed 130 times ]
Spirit Settings Channel Mapping.jpg
Spirit Settings Channel Mapping.jpg [ 74.44 KiB | Viewed 131 times ]

PostPosted: Thu 18. Jul 2024 8:47:18 
Site Admin

Your channel assignment is not correct.

In the Spirit unit, Throttle should be at Channel 1, Pitch at Channel 6.

In the radio:
Throttle ... Channel 1
Pitch ... Channel 4

As I said it is super easy to just create new model, set Heli to Spirit and it will work all correctly. Same at the Spirit side - you can leave all at default and it will simply work.
Or if you have so complicated setup in your current model then copy channel settings from newly created model to your original model.

PostPosted: Thu 18. Jul 2024 11:15:01 

hi,
Now I'm even more confused!

your description:
In the Spirit unit:
Throttle ... Channel 1
Pitch ....... Channel 6

In the radio:
Throttle ... Channel 1
Pitch ....... Channel 4

this is absolutely no 1:1 channel mapping!
Function ... Radio ... Spirit
Pitch ........ CH4 ..... CH6

why is it even possible to change the channels of Pitch and Throttle in the Spirit setup if the assignment is restrictive or predefined?

johann

PostPosted: Thu 18. Jul 2024 11:22:51 
Site Admin

This is because you can use other radios with DUPLEX RF module where channel assignment can't be changed at all.

PostPosted: Thu 18. Jul 2024 17:34:49 

[url][/url]
https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLdJe ... JWDIv5CpU_

johannCH wrote:
hi,
Now I'm even more confused!

your description:
In the Spirit unit:
Throttle ... Channel 1
Pitch ....... Channel 6

In the radio:
Throttle ... Channel 1
Pitch ....... Channel 4

this is absolutely no 1:1 channel mapping!
Function ... Radio ... Spirit
Pitch ........ CH4 ..... CH6

why is it even possible to change the channels of Pitch and Throttle in the Spirit setup if the assignment is restrictive or predefined?

johann

PostPosted: Sat 20. Jul 2024 8:21:26 

hi,
how should i make it clear and understandable that it's not about my lack of knowledge in spirit setup?!

my goal:
I have various heli models with different FBLs on my Jeti transmitter. these heli models always have the same servo assignment. the FBLs used so far (miniTAGS, miniVStabi, CGY760, AXON) could always be adapted to the existing Jeti servo assignment by freely defining the channel assignment in the FBL.
I wanted to do the same with the Spirit GT, but as I described above, this doesn't seem to work, as Spirit presets the 6 channel assignments CH1, CH2, ..., CH6.
and as already mentioned, I find this Jeti integration proprietary and not the right philosophy for a very individually programmable Jeti transmitter.

the only way is to adapt the channel assignment in the Jeti transmitter to the specifications of Spirit:

Jeti Servo Assignment
S1 Throttle
S2 ◄ Roll
S3 ▼ Nick
S4 ► Pitch
S5 ▼ Yaw
S6 Gyro Tail

Attachment:
Spirit GT - Channel Assignment.jpg
Spirit GT - Channel Assignment.jpg [ 74.69 KiB | Viewed 109 times ]

now i'm curious to see what surprises await me in the further setup ;)

johann

PostPosted: Mon 22. Jul 2024 7:19:25 
Site Admin

I am afraid Spirit is not a clone of above mentioned.
Until now it worked well for much longer than the FBL units from competition were even released. I am afraid it will never work as you wish and we do not aim to change anything in the channel assignment. If you are unable to proceed according manual then I am afraid you can't achieve a proper operation.
Probably it is hard to understand.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next