It is currently Sat 21. Sep 2024 6:34:22

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sat 01. Jun 2024 7:21:29 

(spirit RS)I found the problem, I removed the big propeller, 70 throttle and 0 pitch and observed that all three swash plate servos were beating violently and the servos were hot to the touch. My swash plate frequency is set to 50hz and loop gain is 65. The loop feed forward is 4. Servo GDW bls992 (8.4v/0.055sec60'/28kg.cm/333hz). The body shakes when hovering, and the log shows Cycli Ring Activated. Original double-sided tape。
how do i adjust
The elevator servo No. 2 has the largest amplitude and violent beating, followed by No. 1 and No. 3 slightly.

PostPosted: Sat 01. Jun 2024 8:19:22 

shi555 wrote:
The body shakes when hovering, and the log shows Cycli Ring Activated. Original double-sided tape。
how do i adjusty.

From the description you have shared, Could be many things from the swash setup (end points), swash gain too high or even a weak BEC(if your not connecting directly to a 2s lipo for your HV servos)

PostPosted: Sat 01. Jun 2024 9:04:32 

senaka wrote:
shi555 wrote:
The body shakes when hovering, and the log shows Cycli Ring Activated. Original double-sided tape。
how do i adjusty.

From the description you have shared, Could be many things from the swash setup (end points), swash gain too high or even a weak BEC(if your not connecting directly to a 2s lipo for your HV servos)

bec is a 2s direct drive power supply test with no problems, and the servo frequency has dropped to the lowest 50hz. The loop gain is also a recommended value. I don’t know which parameter to adjust.

PostPosted: Sat 01. Jun 2024 9:10:24 
Site Admin

Hello,

you can try to lower Elevator Filter.
First from all please make sure that Spirit unit is holding firmly at the model - no flexing.
Then make sure there is no connector that is bouncing to the Spirit.

Servo frequency should be set always to as high as possible. Decreasing frequency will decrease performance in the most cases.

PostPosted: Sat 01. Jun 2024 9:13:04 

shi555 wrote:
senaka wrote:
shi555 wrote:
how do i adjusty.

bec is a 2s direct drive power supply test with no problems, and the servo frequency has dropped to the lowest 50hz. The loop gain is also a recommended value. I don’t know which parameter to adjust.

Not sure what model your flying but can you reduce the gain from 65 to around 55?

PostPosted: Sat 01. Jun 2024 11:51:01 

ZeXx86 wrote:
Hello,

you can try to lower Elevator Filter.
First from all please make sure that Spirit unit is holding firmly at the model - no flexing.
Then make sure there is no connector that is bouncing to the Spirit.

Servo frequency should be set always to as high as possible. Decreasing frequency will decrease performance in the most cases.

The problem is solved. It is indeed the jitter caused by the high lift filter value. I lowered it to 0 and it became normal. The hovering of 60 cycles is very stable. I have started debugging the tail. I would like to ask if the tail will sway when the pitch is slightly compensated during hovering. The tail compensation value is 4. Should I keep increasing the value?

PostPosted: Sat 01. Jun 2024 13:50:11 
Site Admin

The elevator jittering is coming probably from very high vibration level in elevator axis. It is uncommon, but vibration measurement will show the problem.

Revomix 3-4 is max. recommended value for the most helicopters.