It is currently Sat 21. Sep 2024 6:36:20

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: setting flight modes
PostPosted: Sun 19. May 2024 4:17:49 

I got my spirit gt today, and spending a lot of time trying to figure out how to get all the flight modes. I have a elrs rec with crsf working, but only see 12 channels available in the channel mapping window. I see that I can select up to channel 16, but the screen only shows 12 functions, I am thinking if I select another, it overwrites what was there, this is confusing.
Also confusing is the idea of selecting different modes of a single function, such as stabilization, by changing the bank. I would like to do that to get more flight modes available, and in a very early post, you said it can be done, but the software seems to protect against it for safety? Banks 1 and 2 have the channels selection greyed out. How to do this?
I would like clear instructions how to get all available operating modes with a 16 channel receiver, or how to get the most possible.
thanks.

Post subject: Re: setting flight modes
PostPosted: Sun 19. May 2024 9:17:39 

13 channels can be used at this moment. In the future, another 3 should be added for a total of 16.
Channel BANK is usually on ch7, is that right?

Attachments:
ch13.jpg
ch13.jpg [ 106.87 KiB | Viewed 357 times ]

PostPosted: Sun 19. May 2024 14:15:19 

Habásek wrote:
13 channels can be used at this moment. In the future, another 3 should be added for a total of 16.
Channel BANK is usually on ch7, is that right?

thanks for the prompt response.
OK, yes I am getting 13. Well, that is not near enough to use all the features/modes you provide, as 1/2 of those channels are used for flight sticks and mode switches. I would like to request all 16 channels be added asap, that is what I reasonably expected for my money. That could be done on the same screen with a slider or other method.
You only addressed 1/2 of my inquiry. Again, what remains is: how are flight modes changed across banks, it is unclear if that is available, the config tool does not seem to support that, but it was mentioned -- as I said before -- in previous old posts and elsewhere as an available feature. Has that been changed, or what is the situation to get more flight modes with bank switching?? I do see that could be a little dangerous, and needs be done by the user very carefully, and I am a little uneasy with that, but something needs be done to get all features available! Therefore I am not surprised if this feature is discontinued, or never available on this GT product, but this needs clarification.
I guess I need to reconsider purchase of Geo-Link, I dont have the channels available to use it, or is that handled another way?
thx.

PostPosted: Sun 19. May 2024 15:54:48 

first of all: I think that even 13 channels are sufficient for Geolink functions (I have altitude hold, return home, position hold and automatic landing).

secondly: the flight modes are solved in your transmitter, what and how you set them is your business

third: banks - here is a description of what to use them for, ideally I use them to test different settings of the unit, for example rotation speed and the like.

https://manual.spirit-system.com/index.php?title=Configuration#BANK_SWITCHING

PostPosted: Sun 19. May 2024 19:46:10 

Hello,
I find this really funny what you say "I want all 16 Channels for my money" - thats really childish...
Didn't you read up on the forum beforehand and maybe ask, I didn't hear anything about it -
Even if you have all 16 channels, I don't think you can still react correctly in a certain situation - what kind of remote control do you have, if I may ask? (Radiomaster ?) - Why did you buy the Spirit GT in the first place? I think because it has functions that the other systems don't have, that's the point! Give the developers some time, they will also implement the last 3 channels, Spirit System's customer service is top and second to none! So keep the horses still and approach things a little more relaxed -

PostPosted: Mon 20. May 2024 8:01:05 

if you see well the day before mid-August on August 14th here in the forum they connected to the PC of a user via teamviewer and they solved the problem.
no company works the week of August (they're all on holiday) spirit instead works.
if you have a problem ask and they solve you if needed they create a software version for you.
look how many topics there are spirit helps all topic authors and they also work on updates and new releases.
ask and give them time to fix, it will be fixed in the next updates.
be grateful because this thing is not due you paid for the control unit but from now you will always have support and you won't pay anything.
From now until they produce it you will have free support I think that's a good thing and it's not nice to ask forcefully.
See what the other brands they tell you that's the control unit make it go well if something doesn't work you won't get help from other brands.
Spirit is different, you try to help people from today until the future, it's not easy.
Anyway I use radiomaster and i have a module elrs and module 4in1 .
For now I use the 4in1 module and I use all 16 channels.
If you use the elrs you know that the elrs receivers do they have various types of resolution?
that is, when you move the stick are moved usec in a different way? 1520/1530/1540/1550 or 1520/1521/1522/1523 ecc ecc
but this is off topic spirit...
Anyway, everything is written here It all depends on how you set it up
https://www.expresslrs.org/software/switch-config/#summary-of-switch-configuration-modes

PostPosted: Mon 20. May 2024 12:39:20 

franz88 wrote:
if you see well the day before mid-August on August 14th here in the forum they connected to the PC of a user via teamviewer and they solved the problem.
no company works the week of August (they're all on holiday) spirit instead works.
if you have a problem ask and they solve you if needed they create a software version for you.
look how many topics there are spirit helps all topic authors and they also work on updates and new releases.
ask and give them time to fix, it will be fixed in the next updates.
be grateful because this thing is not due you paid for the control unit but from now you will always have support and you won't pay anything.
From now until they produce it you will have free support I think that's a good thing and it's not nice to ask forcefully.
See what the other brands they tell you that's the control unit make it go well if something doesn't work you won't get help from other brands.
Spirit is different, you try to help people from today until the future, it's not easy.
Anyway I use radiomaster and i have a module elrs and module 4in1 .
For now I use the 4in1 module and I use all 16 channels.
If you use the elrs you know that the elrs receivers do they have various types of resolution?
that is, when you move the stick are moved usec in a different way? 1520/1530/1540/1550 or 1520/1521/1522/1523 ecc ecc
but this is off topic spirit...
Anyway, everything is written here It all depends on how you set it up
https://www.expresslrs.org/software/switch-config/#summary-of-switch-configuration-modes

Hello, I understand what you are saying, but I'm just not experiencing all that wonderfulness right away. You should understand I am spending a lot of time on this, and I'm a bit frustrated. My questions are not being addressed fully. I have only 13 channels available, and half of those are for sticks and required control. I want to add GeoLink, but I am having trouble liking this company right now. Argumentative responses are not helpful. The Spirit app does not allow bank selection in demo mode, I just noticed. I did play with this some before making my decision, but it looks like I could not have noticed. When I connect up my heli, and select bank1 on the General page, the Channels button greys out, preventing me from selecting new functions/flight modes on the same channel in another bank.

Am I missing something? Any helpful response appreciated.
PS: I have TX16S, ELRS.

PostPosted: Mon 20. May 2024 15:14:45 

Why do you need 16 channels to fly a heli? :?: could help the members here with some elaboration to fully understand what exactly you want to achieve.

PostPosted: Mon 20. May 2024 15:22:52 

senaka wrote:
Why do you need 16 channels to fly a heli? :?: could help the members here with some elaboration to fully understand what exactly you want to achieve.

ok, to make it easy, I will just paste in my planning spreadsheet.
bank switch
channel 1 2 3 1 2 3 4 5 6

1 thr stab coax pos hld pos hld pos hld land
2 roll
3 pitch
4 yaw
5 gain switch
6 CP E B C D G H
7 bank 1 Bank 1 -- -- rescu clear hover --
8 stab norm stab acro stab scale 2 Bank 2 Coax rescue IU1
9 rescu norm rescu acro rescu norm 3 Bank 3 Acro RTH rescu auto IU2 rescu select
10 rescu auto rescu auto rescu auto
11 coax coax coax
12 Pos Hold Pos Hold Pos Hold slider
13 RTH Land RTH alt hld
14 Alt Hold Alt Hold Alt Hold geofence
15 geofence geofence geofence
16 alt limit

L01 stab L32 rescu auto sticky
L02 coax L35 rescue normal or acro by bank
L03 poshld
L04 poshld
L05 poshld
L06 land

L07 rescu auto sticky

L11 L01 AND

PostPosted: Mon 20. May 2024 15:56:39 

OMG ! :shock: :lol:
Copy and paste helps no one this is very confusing - no one will understand that and it is really unrealistic what you want -

As said before I don't believe that you are able to controll all this "flightmodes" -

I don't understand why everything has to be so complicated, it's like Senaka had suggested, who in heaven's name needs 16 channels - I can still understand that in functional model building, but you're safe on the ground and risk with incorrect operation no crash and does not endanger other people -

If you can't fly a helicopter then practice with a simulator, it's always safer and cheaper -