It is currently Fri 18. Oct 2024 17:31:35

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sun 28. Aug 2022 16:05:26 

Good Afternoon to everyone!

Can somebody explain to me how to configure this "new" feature for the Geolink V2 rescue height.
To be honest, I can't understand the logic and can't find the "calculated" rescue altitude and even the "Geolink Aid tab" where I can see the programmed rescue altitude.

After two crashes with the Spirit GT Baro rescue I learned from Support that the rescue with the combination of the GEOLINK is much more precise because of comparison of 5 sensors.
I bought then a new Geolink V2 (rescue with GEOLINK V1/ GT was successful before even at low altitude (5m) with the same flight conditions.

I tested the new GEOLINK V2 already but with the activation of the triggering altitude by switching rescue on I am not very happy. My SoXos Strike 7.1 is flying upwards like a rocket, really scary
(rescue pitch 60, rescue time 1-1,5 sec) I reduced the rescue time but the final altitude after rescue initiation is still too high in my opinion. That's a not necessary and weird flight procedure that I really don't like.

I would really appreciate any instruction about

- Where I can define the minimum altitude(e.g. 8 m) for the GEOLINK rescue?
Under -height limit- I can see only a max. height. The other value is "initiation of acceleration" (this
value is 5 in my setup. When I initiate my rescue switch the height limit is ACTIVE in the menu. Pitch
turns to rescue pitch by testing on ground. Everything ok. so far.
I would like to set a MINIMIUM altitude in the menu to activate this by the rescue switch to provide
an AUTO rescue as long the switch is set to ON. Is that possible?

- I have asked Support already about the logic of rescue. Which system has the final control over the
altitude if 5 sensors are being compared? I had two crashes after disconnecting my Geolink V1
which worked perfectly before in combination with the GT.
I don't need "return to home, geofence and max height". What I need is AUTO rescue at a defined
altitude (without a rocket jump) which I can trust and POSITION HOLD.

- POSITION HOLD: When I activate the Position Hold it shows me "activation by stabilization mode"
meaning my rescue switch if I turn the switch to on.
Does it mean that if I activate the switch to trigger/ activate the rescue altitude like the BARO
rescue mode in the GT before the helicopter holds position as well with the initial first activation?

For example: I switch rescue ON, GT triggers rescue altitude by rescue activation, Heli jumps like
a rocket skywards - Heli should hold position and hovers at for example in 20 meters?

And what's then? Is position hold overruling my stick inputs or will it be deactivated after my first
stick input for a regular flight? Otherwise I must turn the rescue switch to OFF again to leave the
position after rescue activation.
I don't want to test this by myself without a precise explanation and programming instruction.

Thanks for your understanding and efforts!
I would really appreciate any support in the forum or via PN!

Thanks a lot!

Kind regards,

Andy

PostPosted: Sun 28. Aug 2022 16:54:17 

I just checked a former YOU TUBE video from Pascal Richter with the original software installed.
There was the tab MINIMUM ALTITUDE and I had this in my V1 software.

This feature worked perfectly with my GT and GEOLINK V1.
I had a couple of rescues with sharp 90 degrees maneuvers, inverted backwards, in less than 8 m height (not pressure altitude)!

In same situations two of my helicopters crashed same height with BARO rescue only, after waiting for some rescue action.
If there is a pressure change (Bernoulli) due to rapid flight maneuver, increased airflow speed between canopy and Spirit device, downwash etc. the BARO sensor cannot work properly. May be at higher altitudes it works.

As a simple result:
The original GEOLINK feature with the MINIMUM Altitude was much more redundant as I learned
by myself with two crashes.

I like to re-install the old software version on my GEOLINK V2 then if there is no other solution
like it it was. Just to activate an altitude/ height minimum level via rescue switch and that's it.
I need the last line of defense for unwanted situations. That worked in a simple manner before.

Cannot upgrade to GEOLINK software 1.3.1.
Tab is grey shaded.
Geolink is working, connected and has satellites.

PostPosted: Sun 28. Aug 2022 18:05:22 
Site Admin

Hello,

can you please take a screenshot of the grayed update tab for the GeoLink?
It seems there is something wrong. Most likely you are still running Spirit Settings 3.4.1.

Regarding version 3.4.2 you can set very same behavior as with old 3.4.0 version.
It is enough to set channel value for Altitude Limit to a negative range and from this you can set any Altitude Limit - Minimum Altitude.
Additionally you can set this limit to any height even during flight.
Please open Aid tab and see Minimum Altitude. There it will be written directly in meters depending on what channel value you will set.

It is only needed to set a negative value in range of -100% to 0% where -100% equals to a sightly under Maximum Altitude.
So the value you wish will be most likely near 20% for example.
When you will do so, Aid Tab will show you the value at which it will engage the rescue.

Which sensor is used? All are used and coupled together to give the highest precision in all circumstances.
Barometer is reacting to a quicker changes for example, but for longterm precision GNSS is used.
Then the whole motion of the model is tracked and calculated with motion sensors such as Gyro, Accelerometer and Compass.
For user it does not matter at all. There is nothing to change.

PLEASE before relying on any function, check how it works in the high altitude. In this way you can see what is behavior, especially if there is something new you are trying. Then you can be sure that it will work in all conditions as you expect.

activation by stabilization mode - This mean that whenever some function Stabi/Function is engaged, Position Hold will be active too.
So you can program it to work together with Rescue mode for example.

PostPosted: Sun 28. Aug 2022 19:02:32 

hello i need help
Subject: Geolink V1 after update to Spirit Vers.3.4.2
In the settings for the altitude limit is:
Active ( Minimum Altitude = 107.8 ) in red.
Maximum height 125 m
After switching it says:
Active ( On ) in red.
Which functions are triggered by switching?

PostPosted: Sun 28. Aug 2022 19:11:52 
Site Admin

Hello,

there are two options:
1. channel value at 100% = altitude limit - minimum height is set from altitude at which you engage the function
2. channel value -100 to 1% = altitude limit - minimum height is set from channel value. So when you see Minimum height it is engaged too, but minimum height will be set to absolute value which you can see in the software.

PostPosted: Sun 28. Aug 2022 20:29:56 

Thanks for reply guys,

First I need to get an update for the Geolink. Not possible right now like other users.
Grey shaded tab.

Why is the new programming in percentage 0-100% value? Why not a simple value like 5 m?
I am looking forward to see the new interface after updating the GEOLINK.

I have to admit that the hole background, manuals, and interfaces are not very user-friendly, guys!
Too many questions from users, discussions...

Who really understands this at all?
My humble opinion is, please improve the setup interface with detailed explanations and instructions.
As a non professionell user I simply don't understand some relationships between modes and options to use. In former forum discussions the BARO rescue was advertised as the only precise method to use. But finally it is not! The Geolink is mandatory for a perfect solution. Why not?

If it is like it is, let's go this way. But please, provide a simple manual with background information,
clear explanations for a simple setup for a helicopter. Simple initial setup for rookies. ;-)

For example: My friends always discussing about some setups. Nobody clearly understand the relationship and setup in the menu of the spirit. There is a lack of deeper information and an instruction for rookies. I just compare it with other FBL systems, like BD3SX or better BRAIN setup.

I can understand you guys as developers and experts. But as a user I would appreciate a bit more background information in the initial setup menu. Just improve the hole Setup Menu!

The FORUM is not very useful. Some questions are not answered. The customers are not useful as well. It's not really alive, if I compare it to other forums.

Thanks for supporting us!

PostPosted: Sun 28. Aug 2022 20:51:10 
Site Admin

Hello,

Why is the new programming in percentage 0-100% value? Why not a simple value like 5 m?
This is because there were problems with imprecision and some customers complained it was not possible to set.
Now the problems were resolved by new method for engaging, basically same as rescue from Spirit GT/GTR.
The problem is some people dont want to change anything, nor want to learn how it works now or even read changelog with news about update.
Because some people still wanted to set height as in 3.4.0 and previous, we added this new option which allows also adjustment anytime during flight without opening the software.
Our aim is to make both rescue options same in terms of configuration and behavior for GeoLink and Automatic Rescue.

GeoLink has many more sensors which mean it must be more precise than only one sensor used. However it can be still well used even with 3D flights. There are no problems as soon as you are not flying in a very low altitudes under sharp angles and fast speeds. Then pressure is changing a lot and it is technically impossible to make precise measurements. Unfortunately there are technical limitations, which can be improved with GeoLink module. For the most pilots automatic rescue from GT/GTR is very suitable.

Please note, Spirit unit has support basicaly for everything and has much, much more features than any other unit.
All is described in our manual, unfortunately many people that are asking questions are asking exactly what is explained there. Each day :)
Some latest features will be more described, but we are working on it, since new update was released just 2 days ago.

No other unit has something like GeoLink with so many features, working on basically all models. All similar units are already dead, very limited or not sold anymore. For example mentioned BD3SX or more latest Axon is unsupported for years.

Please let me know what you are missing in our manual, I can point you to correct page.

I am replying to questions even now, when I am not in work. Where you can get support directly from developer at this day?

We are receiving hundreds of questions such as where to buy the units, where to download software or similar. But if one will at least try instead of asking, it would give us more time for answring other questions much deeper. If you need more help, you can always ask again, because we can`t know at which level of knowledge each pilot is.

PostPosted: Sun 28. Aug 2022 22:33:39 

Ok, thanks a lot for your kind response!

I agree 100% regarding BD. I have some units in my stock (graveyard) now. I appreciate your efforts and super personal support 24/7.

You provided a system, reliable and safe. I had a GT with Geolink V1.
It worked perfectly precise, reliable. It worked at low altitudes, better heights. 5 m rescue not a problem. I saw my DIABOLO 700 rescued out of inverted situations flipping back to normal at low altitudes. I was convinced about the capability at this time.

Some day I decided to disconnect the Geolink from the GT to trust the BARO.
That was not a good decision.

Now I just want to use minimum rescue height limit back, without a steep climb skywards.
Nothing else. I don't want to calculate or estimate a height in the setup.

Ok, I first try to get the update for GEOLINK

PostPosted: Mon 29. Aug 2022 9:18:29 

Ok, jetzt habe auch ich es kapiert.
1. Dreifachschalter

Einmal +100 %
Einmal Mitte null
Einmal - 100 % + einzustellende feste Mindesthöhe.

Frage: Ist die einzustellende feste Mindesthöhe die korrekte Höhe oder muss da noch etwas dazu oder abgezogen werden.

PostPosted: Mon 29. Aug 2022 9:19:38 

sorry
Ok, now I get it too.
1. Triple switch

Once +100%
Once in the middle of zero
Once - 100% + setting fixed minimum altitude.

Question: Is the fixed minimum height to be set the correct height or does something have to be added or subtracted.