It is currently Sun 22. Sep 2024 3:30:44

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sun 20. Feb 2022 21:36:30 

As I mentioned in my previous post the GeoLink saved my heli. I am only using it for position hold. Noticed this function seems to stop working after about 2 minutes into the flight. When I throw the switch, nothing happens, and the helicopter will just fly off in whatever direction the wind takes it. Observed this now on several flights. Fortunately, when it saved me, I was only into the flight for about 30 seconds.
If anyone has also noticed this or has any insight, I would appreciate hearing.

PostPosted: Sun 20. Feb 2022 22:08:45 
Site Admin

Hello,

this mean that GeoLink is no longer operating.
It is very likely flashing when this is happening.

Please make sure to check troubleshooting guide in the GeoLink manual.
This condition is explained there with possible solution.

PostPosted: Mon 21. Feb 2022 0:13:21 

Thanks for the quik response

Reviewed all the trouble shooting section in the GeoLink manual. Nothing there seems to apply to this. Did a bench test since I posted this. Removed main rotor blades and ran the helicopter for 6 minutes. Durning that time, switching the GeoLink on leveled the swashplate. Did this in both regular flight mode and coaxial. This is what it's supposed to do. However, I have no way of knowing if it actually will hold the helicopter. No blinking lights, only the solid blue. No blinking lights when I landed the heli earlier today at the field where I fly. The Spirit GT unit seems to work great, no issues there. Will leave the GeoLink on and try it a few more times and see if there is any change. When it holds it holds great. Today I flew in high winds and when switched on the heli held right in position in the wind. Problem is after a couple of minutes it will no longer hold.

PostPosted: Mon 14. Mar 2022 1:58:59 

Several flights later now, the GeoLink still holds for about 20 to 30 seconds and then the helicopter will start drifting. This is in position hold. If I'm flying for several minutes and throw the switch to engage position hold, nothing happens. After today's flight I removed the GeoLink from the helicopter. Hopefully others are having better luck with this thing, but I will not spend any more time on it. The Spirit GT I was using with it works just fine, no issues.

PostPosted: Mon 14. Mar 2022 18:12:57 
Site Admin

Hello,

it signalize that GeoLink is not operating at all and is flashing with LED light.

Have you tried disabling GeoLink logging feature and clearing the flight logs in the GeoLink as suggested in the guide?
It is in the most cases caused by extremely high electrostatic discharges - same as when GeoLink is hit by lightning from thunderstorm.
When this is happening, GeoLink can`t operate. For this reason also any GeoLink function will not work.

Preventing static discharges by adjusting belt tension, using antistatic spray, clearing tail boom from belt powder and grounding the boom should fix the problem. Usually nothing is mounted directly above belt.

PostPosted: Mon 14. Mar 2022 19:49:39 

Thanks for the quick response
The important thing for me is the Spirit GT flight controller. Its rock solid and all functions perform great. Really like the aluminum enclosure too. I have a Kraken 700 and Rotorscale AS350 that will need flight controllers and Spirit GTs will be used in both. The Geolink is a nice concept, but I can take it or leave it. I can now switch from normal flight mode to a self-leveling so I'm good.