It is currently Sat 21. Sep 2024 12:26:48

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Mon 02. Aug 2021 21:41:20 

Hi First post and new to spirit

I’ve had around 12 flights on my GT now and setup with everything pretty much default except rudder rate (11). I have enabled stabilisation acro on a momentary switch, purely as a safety blanket while trying some new stuff.

Anyway onto the scary moment , I let a “very”competent pilot fly my model at the weekend and the first 3mins were bliss.. however he started to perform some piro tic tocs and suddenly he felt he had no control and that the model had applied negative pitch, the model was at around 30-40ft and he hit hold as it had started to fly over our heads and fortunately he managed to gain control and place the model gently on the deck.

Now in the 12 flights I’ve had I’ve felt completely at ease and don’t throw the model around as hard as he was, is it possible that vibration has caused this ?

I’m really reluctant to fly it now as I’m apprehensive that it will do the same to me?

The spirit gt is mounted on rigid mount on supplied tape on an electric RAW , HW 200 currently no telemetry connected ( waiting on cable) running a Futaba 7008SB , throttle to ch3 on receiver and sb2 to rudder on the GT… couple of lads at the field suggested that sbus 2 was the cause and it should be connected via sbus.

From what I could see in the logs there where no anomalies, all servos hold position under stall, no wires chaffed.

Please Help!!! :?

PostPosted: Mon 02. Aug 2021 22:28:32 
Site Admin

Hello,

S.BUS2 port should be used only in case you are using telemetry. In all other cases it is recommended also by Futaba, that normal S.BUS port should be used.

I recommend to perform BEC test in the Diagnostic tab and then also to view Flight Log. I believe there could be something useful.

PostPosted: Mon 02. Aug 2021 22:33:26 

ZeXx86 wrote:
Hello,

S.BUS2 port should be used only in case you are using telemetry. In all other cases it is recommended also by Futaba, that normal S.BUS port should be used.

I recommend to perform BEC test in the Diagnostic tab and then also to view Flight Log. I believe there could be something useful.

I used sbus2 because I’m intending to attach telemetry cable once it arrives, are you saying it’s best not to use sbus2 until I attach telemetry cable?

BEC test was done on bench before first flight and performed flawlessly, I also have a backup guard fitted too ( this was not installed for bec test)

Flight log had nothing to report.

PostPosted: Mon 02. Aug 2021 22:46:03 
Site Admin

It is safe, but it depends on your wiring. Can you describe connection between RX and Spirit unit please?

Vibration is rather the last thing that could be responsible for this issue. Any vibration issue is rather visible immediately and also in hover. But with Spirit GT possibility for any vibration issue is even further.

At the moment I can think only about some loose/improper connection, servo overheating or less likely static discharge.
Can you check how hot servos are after flight? Or have you verified it?

PostPosted: Mon 02. Aug 2021 22:53:42 

Single extension wire from receiver to spirit 100mm long? From SB2 to Rudder port.

Bec and backup pack is attached to the aux ports

Throttle input from esc direct to receiver ch3

Servos not hot

I’m just concerned to fly it again and it go out of control, I’d rather it was something I had done wrong in wiring or setup, but it has been flawless for 12 flights… the thing is I do not fly as hard as this pilot so maybe I’ll never be able to recreate the situation of the cause of failure as nothing mechanical or electrical seem amiss other than the confusion over sbus 2

If I run cable from sbus to spirit how will I achieve telemetry when adapter cable arrives?

PostPosted: Tue 03. Aug 2021 7:20:44 

Droid wrote:

.... no clue about sbus2... but why this? shouldn't it be better going to Spirit? could risk a ground loop issue....

Ciao
Michael

PostPosted: Tue 03. Aug 2021 23:53:46 

HeliMLM wrote:
Droid wrote:

.... no clue about sbus2... but why this? shouldn't it be better going to Spirit? could risk a ground loop issue....

Ciao
Michael

I’ve always run my throttle into the rx didn’t see it as an issue, I run the esc governor