It is currently Sat 21. Sep 2024 1:45:37

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Thu 08. Aug 2024 6:35:26 

Hello,

I have already posted my problem in the German forum and have not received an answer there.

I want to update an older Spirit from 2.6.1 to the current firmware 3.7.0 and unfortunately I always get the error message that the server is offline. I also tried a Windows notebook - same result. I was able to update my second silver Spirit from 2.6.1 to 3.7.0 a few weeks ago without any problems.

With the old versions 2.6.1 of the setup software I still had, I can connect to the unit and edit settings. But there is no longer any Jeti integration for it and no firmware files.

Because I'm going to change my RC system, I now have to redo the setup on my FBL systems after years of problem-free flying and it seems I'm stuck there...

Is there a solution? Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Dietmar

Attachments:
Bildschirmfoto 2024-08-08 um 06.25.06.png
Bildschirmfoto 2024-08-08 um 06.25.06.png [ 770 KiB | Viewed 332 times ]

PostPosted: Thu 08. Aug 2024 7:36:37 
Site Admin

Hello,

the problem could be that your Internet provider or some firewall is blocking connection to our server. Some routers from Fritzbox are blocking all kinds of services (including our server) in default configuration. Maybe this is the case.
Or our server went offline for maintenance at the time you were trying it - this usually takes only few seconds. If there is server outage which happens rarely you have to start the Spirit app again (for example after 30 seconds).
Nothing else is needed to make it work.

PostPosted: Thu 08. Aug 2024 8:23:17 

Hello,
thank you for your reply.

I tried it several times a day last week, over the weekend, in the last few days and most recently this morning and I always got the error message on this one Spirit.

Before writing this post, I connected my second unit, where the update worked a few weeks ago, and I don't get an error message.
From this I would assume my internet connection is OK and there is some problem in this particular unit.

What would you suggest next? I'm stuck here and appreciate your help.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Dietmar

PostPosted: Sat 10. Aug 2024 13:03:38 

Dietmar wrote:
Hello,
thank you for your reply.

I tried it several times a day last week, over the weekend, in the last few days and most recently this morning and I always got the error message on this one Spirit.

Before writing this post, I connected my second unit, where the update worked a few weeks ago, and I don't get an error message.
From this I would assume my internet connection is OK and there is some problem in this particular unit.

What would you suggest next? I'm stuck here and appreciate your help.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Dietmar
If you can , use your mobile wifi to make sure it’s not your wired internet, it will not take a lot of data.

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun 11. Aug 2024 7:33:48 
Site Admin

It look like your Router or Mac is blocking our servers.
Have you changed your internet provider recently?
Or was there a big Mac update you installed?

PostPosted: Sun 11. Aug 2024 18:47:28 

Hello,
many thanks for your replies.

I tried to update again a few times today under MacOS and Windows Home 22H2 (got my hands on an old Windows notebook) without success. Tried it via mobile phone wifi as suggested and my home network too.

My Mac is a M2 with Ventura 13.6.7 and the last updates are a time ago.

To summarize:
This one special Spirit unit always gets the server error. I did a reset to factory default, reboot - multiple times. That didn't work either.

My second Spirit unit can connect and the update a few weeks ago was successful. The connection with this unit also worked today, there is no error message. There is also no error message in demo mode with software 3.7.0. I'm nearly sure there is nothing wrong with my internet connection and your server.

I can't see any difference between my two Spirit units, just that one of them gets no connection.

I'm not aware of any problems with operating system, internet provider or firewall.

This leads me to believe that there is a problem with the unit.
I still have the software available in old version 2.6.1 and can access the unit, do a setup and upload firmware.

Is there a way to download the actual firmware and install it from local file system?
If there is no other solution, can I send the unit in for check?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Dietmar

Attachments:
UpdatePage.JPG
UpdatePage.JPG [ 68.34 KiB | Viewed 276 times ]
DemoUpdate.JPG
DemoUpdate.JPG [ 67.09 KiB | Viewed 276 times ]

PostPosted: Thu 15. Aug 2024 20:08:01 
Site Admin

Hello,

thank you for explanation.
It seems the problem is different now.
Very likely it is casued because of the very old firmware inside the unit. But it can be updated to the latest one for sure.

Please try to install older Spirit Settings 3.4.0 from here:
https://spirit-system.com/history.php

I hope it will allow to do the transition. If no, you can try version 3.3.3:
https://www.spirit-system.com/dl/settin ... -win32.exe

PostPosted: Fri 16. Aug 2024 8:50:33 

Hello,

thank you for your advice.

Unfortunately, it still doesn't work.

I tried multiple versions back to 3.3.0, all with the same result.

After searching the forums for similar issues, and using the links there, I updated this unit from 2.6.1 to 2.6.4 and with a 4df file to firmware version 3.1.1. Then I tried again different software versions and still no success here. All testing done from Windows 10 Home Notebook.

I was away from helicopters for a few years and I'm looking forward getting back in with a new to me Jeti RC system, using the integration.
After doing experiments back and forth this particular unit is now rolled back to sversion 2.6.4. Setup and preflight check done, everything looks ok and it's flyworthy in my opinion. It would be a pleasure to get the update running, but it's not a life requirement... 8-)

Today I connected my second spirit unit again to check and it was ok; update was possible. I've no clue what's wrong there...

Regards,
Dietmar

PostPosted: Sat 24. Aug 2024 6:41:01 
Site Admin

Hello,

we can flash your unit for free if you can ship it to us:
https://spirit-system.com/repair.php

From then flashing will work always.

PostPosted: Wed 28. Aug 2024 18:46:35 

Hi,

thank you for your offer.

My unit is on the way…