It is currently Mon 16. Sep 2024 20:48:54

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Mon 15. Jul 2024 16:03:22 

hi,
this is my first spirit FBL, but also the first one with real problems during setup.

as i have different helis with different FBLs, i adjust the channel assignment in the FBL in each case.

with the Spirit GT v.3.7.0, the latest software 3.7.0.r2 and the Jeti DC-16 there are problems with the channel assignment.

on the Jeti, the rudder/throttle/gain functions are displayed correctly in the servo monitor - on the Spirit GT, however, they are assigned to the wrong channel, i.e. channel 6 has no function:

Channel .... Jeti --- Spirit GT
Pitch ......... CH1 --- CH1
Aileron ...... CH2 --- CH2
Elevator .... CH3 --- CH3
Rudder ...... CH4 --- CH5 (!!!)
Throttle ..... CH5 --- CH4 (!!!)
Gyro ......... CH6 --- ??? (!!!)
Bank ......... CH7 --- CH7
Rescue ...... CH8 --- CH8

A factory reset does not help either!
What am I missing?

thanks for your support...

johann

PostPosted: Mon 15. Jul 2024 16:18:21 
Site Admin

Hi,

there is no need to do anything with channels. Simply set Heli type to Spirit and all will work out of the box.
Please see our step by step guide:
https://manual.spirit-system.com/index. ... reparation

In any case channel numbering could be different in certain channels (depends even on JETI radio language at time of model creation as we found out), so the value is irelevant and it will have no influence on correct operation if set according guide.

PostPosted: Mon 15. Jul 2024 19:05:19 

hi,
ok, now I understand. in the jeti you have to change from Default to Spirit under Basic Properties for Heli.
but this means that the channel assignments or the function assignments (1...8) have to be changed.

i want to re-equip an existing model with AXON with Spirit GT. to do this, i want to adapt the channel assignment to the transmitter in Spirit GT and that's it.
as I have already done with various FBLs (AXON, Brain, CGY760, JR Tags)

a) I don't want to create a new model and go through the effort of programming again.
b) I want to adapt the channel assignment in spirit to the transmitter and not vice versa.

i find this jeti integration very proprietary and in my opinion very clumsy!

i first have to digest this and think about how to proceed...

johann

PostPosted: Mon 15. Jul 2024 19:43:13 
Site Admin

You can change the settings at any moment. No need to create new model.
However new model is very recommended, because you do not have to set anything.
It is basically plug and play if you decide to proceed according our guide. Very easy without any troubleshooting.

PostPosted: Tue 16. Jul 2024 6:39:34 

hi,

"It is basically plug and play if you decide to proceed according to our guide. Very easy without any troubleshooting."
and that's exactly the reason why I don't like the integration of spirit.
with Jeti I have a transmitter where I can/must define everything myself, that is also the concept of Jeti.

"You can change the settings at any moment. No need to create new model."
yes, but settings that have already been made are overwritten or deleted!
- function assignments 1-6 overwritten
- function assignments 7+8 deleted
- gyro settings deleted and gyro tail defined

why can't i just configure Spirit like the other FBLs. why doesn't the channel assignment work correctly when i adjust it in Spirit?

I am a bit frustrated and will probably not use the Spirit.

thanks anyway...

johann

PostPosted: Tue 16. Jul 2024 7:11:16 
Site Admin

I am not sure if I can help you, because it seems you do not like to have it easy and working immediately.
But for sure there is no limitation and you can assign channels 7+ in any way you wish.

The reason why radio can set the base channels for you is that pilots often like to play with channels and set them incorrectly. Then finding solution for long time.
So instead of this you can just proceed and you do not have to care about anything. Because with "Spirit" Heli configuration it will simply work.

I have no idea why it is so frustrating for you, but if you really need to configure things differently (although there is no reason for it) you can still assign channel mapping in your custom way with Spirit Heli settings turned off.

Integration is working in the very same way as for any other unit. Actually the Spirit units were very first FBL controllers that offered JETI integration. All other controllers were adding the support after next 5 years.
Since Spirit offer built in JETI receivers inside RS and GTR units there is no reason to make it complicated, instead to make it strightforward, because both JETI and Spirit know how base channel mapping should be set.

PostPosted: Tue 16. Jul 2024 14:40:25 

hi,

“I have no idea why it is so frustrating for you, but if you really need to configure things differently (although there is no reason for it)...”

there are in fact some reasons ;-)
e.g. the heli mode Spirit deactivates the settings for Gyro 2+3. i need these settings for Cyclic Gain, Rescue, etc.

“... you can still assign channel mapping in your custom way with Spirit Heli settings turned off”

as i have already described, the channels CH4/CH5/CH6/CH7 do not work correctly, i.e. they are not active in Spirit or the % values are incorrect.
the diagnostic values of the channels do not match the Jeti servo monitor at all.

can you send me a Jeti model file with heli mode dDfault and the Spirit config file as an example.

I have already done a lot of interesting things with my Jeti, but I can't get any further here!

thank you,
johann

PostPosted: Tue 16. Jul 2024 16:56:47 

It happened to me twice that the channel assignment did not work. I don't know if it was during a new setup or a change. A factory reset on the Spirit didn't help either.
So, then I deleted the model memory in the transmitter and reset Spirit to factory defaults. After that I did the config on both again and it worked.
I couldn't find the cause; I suspect there was something wrongin the model memory.

PostPosted: Tue 16. Jul 2024 19:08:25 

have you reconfigured the heli model in the jeti with Default or Spirit?

PostPosted: Tue 16. Jul 2024 19:39:59 

johannCH wrote:
have you reconfigured the heli model in the jeti with Default or Spirit?

With Spirit.
I want to use integration. And yes, Gyro 2 and 3 are deactivated with Spirit Integration. Thats normal. So, I'm using Flight Modes for different gains.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next