It is currently Sun 08. Sep 2024 2:51:43

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sat 29. Jun 2024 23:23:14 

I'm trying to install the 1st-rc buffer pack with my Spirit GT. It is supposed to have the option to be turned off via transmitter. The instructions are as follows:

Quote:
In addition to the button on the buffer itself, the buffer can now also be switched off via a channel in the receiver with an assigned switch.
This is a great advantage, especially for models in which the buffer is installed inaccessible.
To do this, the buffer is connected to a free slot and a switch is assigned for this channel, which toggles it from -100 to +100.

However I can not get it to work. In my transmitter I used a free channel (ch10) and assigned a switch to it. In the channel monitor on the transmitter I can see it correctly move from -100 to 100. In Spirit channel settings I selected "Output to ch0" and assigned channel 10. I can also see the green bar move from empty to full here when toggling the switch, however status remains at "1 (on)", not sure if this is relevant. Then I connected the buffer pack to ch0 on the Spirit GT and it just won't turn off no matter how many times I flip the switch. Am I missing something with the setup or is it an issue with my pack?

PostPosted: Sun 30. Jun 2024 8:52:10 

first of all: the 1st buffer can only be switched off via rc channel after battery has been disconnected (BEC voltage gone to zero). it won't react on switch off command via rc channel as long as still powered from bec. and it does not switch off when battery is disconnected after the switch is toggled.

then you could maybe check If the switch is really correctly working on ch0 - just plug a servo in for testing. and verify the channel is really seen +/- 100 on the Spirit side... so the channel should be set the same +/- range as i.e. the cyclic channels... depending on the TX you are using this could be more or less then 100%.

mine are all configured like this... and it's working great - with 1st buffer as well as IISI safety caps.

PostPosted: Sun 30. Jun 2024 12:47:02 
Site Admin

Hello,

you can try to use AUX2 output. CH0 output has same output frequency as Swashplate servos.
While AUX2 port is driven with same frequency as Throttle. This is usually 60Hz - can be configured in the Spirit Settings.
Some devices cant accept too high frequency so they will ignore the signal. Using AUX2 should solve the problem.