It is currently Fri 18. Oct 2024 13:20:22

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sun 04. Sep 2022 4:34:30 

Spirit 2 being installed on my Ox3 TE. When running on the bench I noticed the unit gets luke warm but not hot. It seems to quickly reach this luke warm temp and then stops there. I'm guessing this is normal operation temp for it. I have Spirit GT on one of my other helis and its always cold.
Anyone know why this is and is it an issue? Seems like this could be normal for the Spirit 2 but would just like to see what some others think before I wrap up this build and put the thing in the air.

PostPosted: Sun 04. Sep 2022 16:23:55 

On the bench I’ve noticed that the spirit 2 gets a little warm but that’s with it on for 20 min or more. When flying it’s only on for 5 to 7 minutes and never noticed it getting warm.

PostPosted: Mon 05. Sep 2022 6:07:18 
Site Admin

The unit could be warm, but it should be same as your GT or less.
It highly depends on BEC voltage you are using. The higher the voltage, the higher temperature the unit could reach.
If you are using same or lower voltage with Spirit 2, then there might be something wrong with it.
For example if by mistake a wrong voltage was connected at the side JST port.

What is BEC voltage for both units?

PostPosted: Mon 05. Sep 2022 20:41:08 

Thank you both for the responses.

As for BEC voltage I don't know the exact amount. On the spirit 2 in question, it is running off a Hobbywing 40A. esc. BEC is rated at 5 to 8 volts and is programable. However, I do not have the programming box so the voltage I assume is somewhere between 5 and 8.
The Spirit GT is used with a Scorpion Trubunus 80A esc which is rated at 5.1 to 7.1 volts. I have the programming software for that esc installed on my PC but never got the cable. In the documentation, it says the default setting is good for most uses, so I never programmed that one either. The helicopter fly's perfectly, just as I want it from the beginning, so I just called it good.