It is currently Sat 21. Sep 2024 11:33:20

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Fri 21. Aug 2020 5:03:51 

I just swapped a hobbywing 160 (which I had no issues with) to a hobbywing 200 4.1.

First thing I did was put a linear 0-100 curve in my TX, turned off the spirit gov, powered up with 100% throttle for calibration, waited for the two beeps, and went down to zero as per normal hobbywing endpoint calibation. Throttle range was already set to 1100us - 1940us in the spirit software before I did this.

I have tried the hobbywing in both external governor mode and fixed wing. I have tried external governor mode with startup time set to 0 so that the esc does not handle the softstart (supposedly). However this is what happens:

for a second or two it still seems like the hobbywing is trying to do an initial soft start, the rpm shoots up for a second, goes dow and the spirit handles the remaining spoolup.

Is this the dreaded tail kick issue people have talked about? I don't have this problem with my 120a v4 or the 160 v4 I had, however maybe that is because the startup time/soft spoolup was not adjustable as far as I know in heli-linear/ext. gov so the esc may have handled the entire soft start, or enough of it that I didn't notice the handoff to the spirit gov.

Video:

https://www.facebook.com/marek.kunicki. ... 425234212/

PostPosted: Fri 21. Aug 2020 8:14:47 
Site Admin

Please try to adjust spoolup power in the ESC and/or Spoolup Rampup in the Spirit unit.
With blades on situation can be also different.

PostPosted: Fri 21. Aug 2020 15:08:07 

Had similar issue last week after I played around with Spirit paramater GOV ON/OFF
I re-loaded the (current) firmware to the Hobbywing ESC, adjusted main parameters such as poles and battery, now everything is fine again.
Hope this can solve your issue as well.

PostPosted: Fri 21. Aug 2020 21:02:26 

Tried reloading firmware, no difference. Are you using the newest (vbar) labeled firmware, or the one before that? My understanding is that telemetry won't work right with the vbar firmware, so I'm running the other firmware.