It is currently Sun 08. Sep 2024 2:40:15

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Mon 15. Jul 2024 9:06:14 

ORIGINAL SET UP..GT & JETI RECEIVER , flying perfect all banks, over a hundred flights.....I change to spirit GTR, for some reason it takes me forever to dial it in on bank 0 (lowest headspeed 1800) maybe a month, I go back to it determined to get it right, now i'm in bank 1 (1900) the heli drifts left, nothing i can do to stop it, as soon as you go past 1850 it drifts, badly!! Below that its locked in and flys well. I changed the servos out, new theta c1, new swash,new motor, yge esc 205,new ball links, Changed the whole head out with another, still the same. Vibes are max 13 in any bank. I CHANGE OUT THE GTR ,WITH another, brand new out the box, different batch, exactly the same. I tried the higher head speed in bank 0,to eliminate radio issues, it's the same, I think it's a frequency thing, different sensor in the old gt to gtr? Any ideas? Before I jump. Lol
--

PostPosted: Mon 15. Jul 2024 14:50:11 
Site Admin

Hello,

both GT and GTR should fly identically, there is very same sensor so it is quite interesting.
Difference could come from different mounting position or something odd is in the settings.

I would try to remove motor pinion or rotor blades and then spool it up. Then looking at the Diagnostic (PC software or JETI integration) should tell if some cyclic channel is moving between Banks.

The problem could arise from copied settings between banks from GT - something is possibly not really same. Here I would check Bank Comparison feature.

Next thing I would check is Vibration Level with Tail Blades on. Changing Rotor Head will usually not help, because Rotor Head vibrations are barely affecting sensor even if flying with a bent shafts.
On the other hand motor or tail vibrations (even just one bearing) even if not visible could cause very big problems if they are producing resonant vibrations. This can be found only with Vibration Analysis tool, not with Vibration Level value from telemetry. So in reality it could be 200% level or more if this is the case. Aluminium case of GTR is slightly bigger so there can be difference between RPM that could affect both units. In any case if these are really vibrations, they must be extremely high to do things like this.

If this is settings related thing, it could be only some kind of Trim in the radio.

PostPosted: Wed 17. Jul 2024 17:58:40 

Hi Tomas, Thanks for your valued input, elimination has saved some time. As i stated the increased head speed WAS directly applied to 'Bank zero' which gave the drifting experience, so it wasn't any radio settings or Spirit settings in any other Bank.

I was driven away from a vibration issue as the transmitter vibes were less than 13, Perhaps you can tell us what this telemetry value vibes actually means? and how it it can be of use to us?

I connected to the vibration analyzer, the vibes were excess of 120, this is the sab fbl mounting that bolts between the rear side frames, I changed to the fbl mounting that bolts to the gearbox, (with the 4 little rubber mounts) and the vibes were in excess of 300. Having checked Tail bearings, blades previously plus I'm pretty heavy on maintenance and oiling up, I changed the gearbox out, the vibes are NOW 39-37 in the higher head speed range now! PROBLEM SOLVED. The straight cut gears in this box will be Binned, although i will add, to turn the gearbox by hand they are as smooth as silk. I have the new helical cut gears, will change them out.

Thanks SAB for stitching us up with that bad design :shock: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue 30. Jul 2024 8:10:53 

I was driven away from a vibration issue as the transmitter vibes were less than 13, Perhaps you can tell us what this telemetry value vibes actually means? and how it it can be of use to us?