It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024 22:33:03

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Velos 880 and Spirit Gov
PostPosted: Fri 13. Jul 2018 4:23:35 

I’m using Castle 120 in external gov mode . I have the white aux wire plugged into Spirit
pit port as described in the manual. In spirit I set gear ratio and Requested RPM . I set my TX at let’s say 30% 70% 100% when I’m in 100% I get full set RPM value of 2060 rpm , at 70% it’s 1650 at 30% it does not give me a rpm value . It also does not sound like the rpm comes down from 100% to 70% it sounds the same . I need help as to the correct procedure and what needs to be done in my DX9 radio.
Do I connect both ESC Aux wires in y harness and than into Spirit or only one .

PostPosted: Sun 15. Jul 2018 15:57:21 
Site Admin

Hello,

under 40% governor is inactive and is driven just by throttle curve. So what you are observing is correct behavior. So if Throttle Curve is low you are controlling it just like without governor. For this reason it is recommended to not use low throttle curve. Instead flat throttle curve is the best.

If you mean ESC Aux as RPM output of the ESC then there must be only one connected in the unit.
If you mean throttle cables then both should be at the AUX port connected by Y-cable. But I am not sure regarding internal BEC (if it is not OPTO version). It could be better to disconnect RED wires from BEC leads from one ESC. Or to use a diodes.
But Castle support should let you know if you can connect BECs from both ESCs together.

PostPosted: Sun 15. Jul 2018 17:50:35 

Thank you very much . I’m running external BEC and I will only run one wire the spirit. I am having alot of tail trouble . I’m at 1.3 multiplier and gain of 75 on the radio tail does not hold and a lot of wag . On full collective i loose it altogether. Heli spins I even added piro comp and I have 5 degrees of counter torque.

PostPosted: Sun 15. Jul 2018 18:10:06 
Site Admin

For this model you will have to set Pirouette Consistency quite high. Value between 190 - 200 could be good.
Rudder Delay 0.

PostPosted: Sun 12. Aug 2018 22:46:25 

will im back and i tried everthing to get this tail to hold .I was at a fun fly and several guys tried to get the tail to hold we even changed out servo . im not sure where to go from here but try another Spirit in it i have set
rudder gain at 1.50 multiplier with TX gyro at 90 and it still wont hold and a bad tail wag [any ideas what to try]

PostPosted: Mon 13. Aug 2018 7:28:20 
Site Admin

If your helicopter is even spinning around when doing hard pitch pumps, then I am afraid the mechanics is not able to hold such torque.
You will need to put there bigger tail blades or increase RPM noticeably.

The mark that it is really required is when tail will spin more than 90°.

To make it better you can use Revomix configured to maybe value of 5 and reduce gyro gain little bit to eliminate oscillations.
But it will be very likely on a very thin edge where tail can spin at any point in a demanding maneuvers - this is not too safe.

If Rotor head speed is holding well, then very likely you can't do anything more except things mentioned above.