It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024 13:08:54

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Fri 11. Sep 2020 17:30:11 

Hello,

This had me puzzled for a while, but it seems that this particular mix of components:

Spirit 2 (v3.1.0 f/w)
DX9 (v2.00 f/w)
SPM4649T (w/ Spirit integration cable)
SPM9745 (x1, primary satellite port)
SPM9645 (x1, secondary satellite port)

...does not like entering into the integration menu on the transmitter.

After a little bit of methodical cable pulling, it appears that having both the satellites plugged in precludes the functioning of the integration menu. It appears not to matter which satellite is plugged in, so long as it is only one of them, which is not my experience with the Pro running v2.6.1 f/w (although I have not checked the Pro with the v3.0.1 f/w).

Clearly it's something that can be circumvented when needed, albeit using a suboptimal configuration, but it strikes me as either an unintended feature with the Spirit 2 and/or v3.1.0 f/w, or perhaps an unintended reduction in functionality associated with the configuration detailed?

Are you able to confirm the intended behaviour with this configuration, please?

Many thanks.

PostPosted: Sat 12. Sep 2020 13:03:32 

Hello,
in the manual you can read like this, I hope it helps -

Best Regards
Matthias

Attachments:
Manual_Integration_Spektrum.jpg
Manual_Integration_Spektrum.jpg [ 108.67 KiB | Viewed 276 times ]

PostPosted: Mon 14. Sep 2020 16:37:46 

Mattes61 wrote:
Hello,
in the manual you can read like this, I hope it helps -

Best Regards
Matthias

Yes thanks, I had followed that - at least I believe I have.

As I said earlier, this is not the only Spirit I have integrated with Spektrum, but it's the only one I have checked since upgrading to v3.1.0 firmware.

Another point of difference with the Pro and the 2 is that I am running the Hobbywing ESC telemetry integration, too. This of course negates the whole satellite receiver / both ports on the Spirit being used. That, I suspect, makes the Pro an unhelpful comparison without some slightly more involved cable pulling.

I do wonder, what with some of the recent updates, if moving to 2.06 on the DX9 would make any difference. This is certainly something I can try.

I'm reasonably certain that the intention would be that you can have the SPM4649T plus two satellites (of whichever model) connected, and still be able to enter the integration menu on the transmitter? It seems that the fact I can achieve this with either satellite plugged in would suggest that the integration part, with the SPM4649T, is correct - as is the binding to all three receivers.

It's more of a curious state of affairs than a show-stopper, but it does strike me as an unintended feature at this point...

Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon 14. Sep 2020 20:29:04 

Hello,
when I do understand the manual right, then you have with the telemetrie from hobbywing ESC (Sat Port1) only Sat Port 2 for one additional satellite -
On the other side you have to connect one SPM4649T to ELE/PiT/Ail and Rud -

I you have only Integration without ESC-Telemetry you have the posibility to add up to two satellites depending on which Spirit FBL is used, see also attached appendix -

Another hint:
What current airware does the DX9 have? See at the Spektrum Site with your Login - An update to the newer airware may help here too - I am not sure what the actual airware is, maybe 2.05 ? I don't know it really, I have no DX9 - maybe someone here can answer that ? I think so !

Your hobbywing ESC has that the actual firmware (not vbar !!) ?

Best Regards
Matthias

Attachments:
Integration_Spirit_SpiritPro_Spirit2_01.jpg
Integration_Spirit_SpiritPro_Spirit2_01.jpg [ 52.57 KiB | Viewed 237 times ]
Integration_Additional_Spektrum_Satellites_02.jpg
Integration_Additional_Spektrum_Satellites_02.jpg [ 56.39 KiB | Viewed 237 times ]

PostPosted: Tue 15. Sep 2020 14:19:12 
Site Admin

Please try this firmware:
http://spirit-system.com/dl/fw//spirit-fw-3.1.30.4df

We hope it will help you. DX9 with some firmwares is behaving differently for unknown reason than the rest.
Our firmware should fix it.

PostPosted: Wed 16. Sep 2020 19:38:17 

ZeXx86 wrote:
Please try this firmware:
http://spirit-system.com/dl/fw//spirit-fw-3.1.30.4df

We hope it will help you. DX9 with some firmwares is behaving differently for unknown reason than the rest.
Our firmware should fix it.

Thank you, the updated firmware did indeed fix it - I can now enter the integration menu on the DX9 with both satellite receivers connected (primary & secondary satellite ports of the Spirit 2). I did not update the Spektrum firmware version (still at 2.00), but I shall confirm that once it is update, that it still performs as expected.

Many thanks for your support.