It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024 23:50:29

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: rescue set up
PostPosted: Fri 08. Feb 2019 20:56:59 

ok so I can set up my gyro on a 3 way switch and use rescue on 1 of the switch positions works fine but if I try use a momentary (spring switch) to activate rescue my transmitter wont allow me to use another switch to do the same thing is there another way round this im using ix12 if that helps.. If I dedicate spring switch to activate recue that works but again I cant have multiple gyro settings for different head speeds..cheers

Post subject: Re: rescue set up
PostPosted: Fri 08. Feb 2019 21:12:24 
Site Admin

You can assign dedicated channel for engaging the Rescue.
This can be done in the Channels window by setting up F: Stabi mode and for example Channel 8.
Then it will work well with two state mementary switch and you can set Gyro Gain independently of it.

PostPosted: Fri 08. Feb 2019 21:21:41 

cool thanks I did have it set up that way but wasn't sure how to set the gyro for that particular switch

PostPosted: Tue 12. Feb 2019 17:04:29 

If you want to uses two switches, you probably can't actually use the Gyro feature but you can do what you want with Mixes. Spektrum Mix programming is very flexible. The Spirit only cares about the gain value being sent out. It doesn't care what TX feature you use to achieve it.

For example, DSS (Digital Switch Setup) essentially does the same thing as the Gyro and Gov features: lets you assign any three gain to the three positions. So They could get rid of both Gyro and Gov features and not have lost anything. They keep them because people were used to using them.

You can achieve what you want either way (Rescue activation by -Gyro gain or on a different channel). But if you want different Gyro gains then it would be easier to put Rescue on its own channel. leave CH5 just for Gyro and you can still use the Gyro function set for the Flight Mode switch or whatever switch you want. For the Rescue channel (maybe Aux2) you can either assign the pushbutton switch in Channel assign or use a Mix. Just don't do both. The Mix would be something like Switch I> Aux2 and then you have to play with the mix gain fields so you get +100 when you press the switch. They don't explain the Mix gain fields very well in the manual.

PostPosted: Sat 22. Feb 2020 4:41:51 

That's the way I have mine setup on my 380. I have one 3 way switch for flt modes which is also tied to the gains channel. So as I switch flight modes my gains change accordingly. My rescue is setup on my bind button on my dx9 to where anytime I press the button, despite what flight mode I'm on, will automatically reverse the gain to a negative thus activating the rescue.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk