It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024 18:24:08

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sun 21. Jul 2019 17:04:24 

Hi, I was hoping that I would be able to use the AR8010T receiver – I was not too worried about telemetry however if it were also possible to use the battery power telem data then this would be a bonus (but not essential) as have a Dx8 Gen2.

With the Spirit Pro, is the AR8010T a compatible receiver and if so, I am not sure how to wire the receiver to the spirit pro unit.

I know the servos on my Trex500 will be wired directly into the CH1 – Ch4 (for pitch, elevator, aileron and rudder respectably) however I am confused about how I then wire the receiver into the spirit pro unit.

I guess my questions would be:
1) Can the AR8010T be used with the spirit pro
2) What connections would I need to route from the AR8010T to the spirit pro system
3) I have read about the SRXL port but seen concerns about its computability, is this an option
4) If SRXL is a valid option, what connection option from the manual should I be using – would section 9 from the manual be correct and use the SRXL port on the AR8010T to feed to the rudder port on the spirit pro
5) OR if SRXL is not an option, what section should I follow to wire the AR8010T (if possible) to the spirit pro (secion 4 for a standard PWN receiver maybe?)
6) IF this is not a valid receiver, what should I be using to work with my DX8 gen 2 and idealy also provide me with my battery power telem data.

Sorry if these are dumb questions!!!

PostPosted: Sun 21. Jul 2019 19:48:44 

SRXL is your best option connect it Rud port on Spirit Pro.
Bind the receiver to DX8 select SRXL in Spirit Software.

PostPosted: Mon 22. Jul 2019 19:45:53 

brilliant thanks for this as am pleased to hear that this should work - i was concerend as saw the folowing thrad on this site that claimed that the AR8010T would not work as it does not support bi directional SRXL (about 5 posts down on this thread):

http://www.air-helicopter.com/Replacing ... 23378.html

Is this still somewhat valid in that the AR8010T cannot be used to send telem data due to this limitation however will be fine for use as a general receiver or has this issue about the bi directional support for SRXL now been fixed and so this unit will work both as a receiver and allow the telem data?

Thanks

PostPosted: Mon 22. Jul 2019 19:49:55 

That receiver does NOT support Bi directional SRXL only the SPM 4649T supports Bi Directional SRXL.
You can get Telemetry but will not have Integration with that receiver.

PostPosted: Tue 23. Jul 2019 8:08:47 

Thank you so much and sorry if these seem silly questions as much of this is new to me.

When you say however that I would not get integration, what would I be losing out on if I stuck with the 8010 (that does not support bi directional) compared to if I went for the 4649?

If I used the 8010 with the flight pack voltage sensor (as kindly suggested thank you), I assume my rx8 gen 2 receiver would use this flight pack voltage telem data and so think this would be all I needed (as this was the only telem data I was concerned with)

Just trying to figure out what else the 4649 would give me by when you say integrated?

Thanks

Phil