It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024 19:40:28

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sat 06. Jul 2019 3:08:03 

I'm running Horus X10S OpenTX 2.2.3, FrSky XSR receiver, µSpirit 2.6.1, MacOS 10.13.6 Oxy 2.

The failsafe feature of the Spirit software does not seem to be working for me. Here's what I'm trying.

With my transmitter on and working, I go to General > Channels and set my transmitter stick and switches to my desired failsafe positions. Then I click Set Failsafe and get the message that "Failsafe values were successfully configured." I click OK, then close the Receiver mapping window, then I do CMD+S to save (I'm on a Mac).

Now if I physically unplug my XSR receiver from the Oxy 2, my swash plate goes nearly full positive, which was not my failsafe settings. Even if I set my failsafe setting to full negative collective with a bit of aileron or elevator, the swash plate seems to do the same thing each time.

And it doesn't matter if after doing CMD+S I then first unplug the battery (hoping to really save the failsafe).

Any ideas on how I can fix this?

PostPosted: Sat 06. Jul 2019 3:28:36 

Oh, I do have a second uSpirit that is running Spektrum TX/RX. I can see if there’s an issue on that too.

Post subject: FOUND THE ISSUE: BUG!
PostPosted: Sat 06. Jul 2019 8:49:17 

Alright, I did a bunch of troubleshooting, and I believe I have found a bug!

I don't know if it is an S.Bus issue or a general bug. Okay, here it is.

If you take a look at my original pictures, you'll see that I had bank (channel 7) unassigned and I had rescue assigned to channel 8. With those settings, the Diagnosis tab was showing that Rescue was being enabled during failsafe, even though I had not enabled rescue during Set Failsafe. This is the reason that my collective pitch went to max as I posted in post #1.

Now, if I do assign bank to channel 7, the issue goes away; failsafe behaves as it should. Similarly, if I completely disable Rescue from channel 8 but leave my bank (channel 7) unassigned, then the issue goes away too.

So it seems to be a bug that Rescue is automatically enabled during Failsafe if both (1) Bank is unassigned and channel 7 is not used, and (2) Rescue is dedicated and assigned to channel 8.

PostPosted: Mon 08. Jul 2019 10:55:21 
Site Admin

Hello,

thank you for the message.

You are right that the Rescue is engaged, but this is because Failsafe is supported for the first 7 channels.

Our upcoming firmware has Failsafe support for all channels so it should be enough to wait few days for new release.