It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024 19:54:40

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sat 29. Jun 2019 13:08:17 

Hello,

I just want to report a case in which a crash was caused by a wrong version of the spirit.bin. A friend of mine started to flash the new version (2.61) of the spirit firmware to his TDR and he did some other configuration stuff. At this time he didn't think about of also replacing the spirit.bin on his Jeti DS-14. On the field we realized during the pre-flight check, that we have to reverse CH4 in oder to get the right direction an behaviour of the tail servo. The servo reverse was set in the Jeti DS-14 an now the behaviour was correct. Then we saved the configuration and went to the starting place. After the take off the tail of the TDR started directly to spin with a high frequency ........... (you can imagine what happened)

After the crash, we realized that the servo reverse of CH4 was in the old position which was wrong. We could also reproduce the behaviour. Start the settings menue on the Jeti DS-14, switch servo revers of CH4 from 'No' to 'Yes' (at this moment the behaviour of the tail is correct), save the settings and exit the settings menue (at this time servo reverse is reset to the old value).

Despite we were using the old version of spirit.bin how can it happen, that inside the settings menue all is correct and on saving and exit all changes are lost? Is there any chance to implement a version check upon starting the settings menue?

With the correct version of spirit.bin all is working fine.

Regards

PostPosted: Wed 17. Jul 2019 8:28:57 

Hi,

in this context I have few questions as well.
a) When you check the Jeti Spirit integration page there is a link to the configuration file. When you click it the Spirit.bin file is downloaded.
There are no different versions. Where can I find these different versions which correspond to the current firmware version.
b) I just got the new DS-12. The Spirit integration was working from the beginning. There was no need to store Spirit.bin in the devices folder.
There is also no Spirit.bin file in the devices folder pre-installed. What is the file name of the pre-installed Spirit integration?
c) Do I still need to store the Spirit.bin (right version) in the devices folder as described in the integration page?

Thanks and
Regards
tom555

PostPosted: Mon 29. Jul 2019 13:35:46 
Site Admin

Hi

a) Ideally always download Spirit.bin file after firmware release.
b) I recommend to use downloaded bin file from our web page. For sure it must be present in the Devices directory at the SD Card.
c) Yes, always.