It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024 9:58:53

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Fri 14. Jun 2019 0:18:38 

Trek nut wrote:
Hi Guys ! Please Give Tomas some time , maybe they are working on it right now , for sure it needs to be test again and again before they can release the solution for us, maybe they are working on a update that will include the solution... base on Spirit history I feel very confident. We just have to be patience.

I understand the part of giving some time Trek nut, but its been five days since this thread was started and Tomas has usually responded to posts within hours. All I am asking for is a mere acknowledgement that he is aware of the problem, especially since it seems to be a common issue from the likes of those who posted their concerns here. I am not looking for a definitive answer or resolution although that would be even greater news.

I too am confident that the issue will be resolved by Tomas and his team as well, just want to be sure he is aware of it and with a simple reply it would reinstate assurance of the topic being addressed.

Regards,
Kevin

PostPosted: Fri 14. Jun 2019 22:36:38 

Hi Guys, I too have had issues with altitude limit being inconsistent and have stopped using it prefering to use the good old finger to flick into recovery mode. Used the other day, I went ito blind panic for a few seconds but the spirit saved me a ton of money :lol:

Anyway I've just seen on another thread that Tomáš is unwell at the moment so may not be responding to issues as quickly as he normally does. I guess we all wish him a speedy recovery :)

Last edited by Omegaman on Sun 16. Jun 2019 21:16:40, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun 16. Jun 2019 12:58:19 

While we wait for Tomáš, I made the following changes to my 450 Pro test mule: I increased the minimum height from 3 to 4m, and the Triggering Acceleration from 5 to 7.
I only had time for two test flights today; on the first take off I went above 4m, activated GeoFence and Altitude Limit, and descended immediately down to about 2m with no response. However, for the rest of the flight all the Altitude Limit tests and Geofence test worked flawlessly. The entire second flight tests also worked flawlessly. The limit was triggered quite consistently at about 4m.
Two flights are not statistically significant, but I am hoping the Triggering Acceleration increase has made a difference. Will increase it to 8 and do further testing as soon as time allows.

Has anyone else played with the Triggering Acceleration values, or does anyone want to try similar tests? Even if only a temporary work-around, any improvement is welcome.

PostPosted: Mon 17. Jun 2019 11:38:22 

this user suggested 8 some post ago
enied wrote:
Hi,

I have set the lower limit to 6m to give the GeoLink a chance to react and I also experienced delayed rescues at the lower altitude limit. I set the parameter shown in the picture attached to 8, which is a great improvemet.

in fact, the manual say:
5.1.1 Triggering Acceleration
This parameter is key for engaging the Rescue mode fast enough if your model is approaching towards the ground.
The faster is descending velocity, the faster the Rescue is engaged. This mean that the Rescue can be engaged above configured Minimum limit to save the model safely. If model is approaching the Minimum limit slowly then the rescue is engaged at configured level.
Low Triggering Acceleration value is causing only minor difference.

PostPosted: Mon 17. Jun 2019 14:59:12 

urgno wrote:
this user suggested 8 some post ago
enied wrote:
Hi,

I have set the lower limit to 6m to give the GeoLink a chance to react and I also experienced delayed rescues at the lower altitude limit. I set the parameter shown in the picture attached to 8, which is a great improvemet.

in fact, the manual say:
5.1.1 Triggering Acceleration
This parameter is key for engaging the Rescue mode fast enough if your model is approaching towards the ground.
The faster is descending velocity, the faster the Rescue is engaged. This mean that the Rescue can be engaged above configured Minimum limit to save the model safely. If model is approaching the Minimum limit slowly then the rescue is engaged at configured level.
Low Triggering Acceleration value is causing only minor difference.

In regards to the Triggering Acceleration value, I have went as high as ten (10) the maximum value which made no difference. Keeping in mind this value is irrelevant if the Altitude Limit feature fails to execute at all thus the heli plummets to ground unless you have time to hit rescue and not to close for it to save you.

Regards,
Kevin

PostPosted: Thu 20. Jun 2019 13:58:01 
Site Admin

Quote:
Keeping in mind this value is irrelevant if the Altitude Limit feature fails to execute at all

This is not correct, because Triggering Acceleration is actually parameter which accelerates triggering - in other words it would trigger faster with a higher value. With a smaller value it will be slower.
If it does not execute at all then it is other issue - likely with GNSS precision.

Since we are working hard on the improvements this issue should be mitigated with upcoming firmware even that GNSS signal is poor.

PostPosted: Thu 20. Jun 2019 17:47:51 

ZeXx86 wrote:
Quote:
Keeping in mind this value is irrelevant if the Altitude Limit feature fails to execute at all

This is not correct, because Triggering Acceleration is actually parameter which accelerates triggering - in other words it would trigger faster with a higher value. With a smaller value it will be slower.
If it does not execute at all then it is other issue - likely with GNSS precision.

Since we are working hard on the improvements this issue should be mitigated with upcoming firmware even that GNSS signal is poor.

Hello Tomas,

I am glad to see you in the forum and hope you are doing well. With regards to the trigger acceleration I do understand the parameter when set with a higher value does execute faster, however my main reason in posting this thread was to bring awareness that the Altitude Limit feature fails to engage at all. I always have the Trigger Acceleration Value set at 10 the highest setting and the lower limit to 7 meters. I have found that if the heli is descending at a slower rate and reaches the lower limit of 7 meters it will most of the time activate send the model back upwards, however if the model is descending at a faster rate of speed it will continue descend through the set lower limit and hit the ground if not manually recovered with the sticks or by engaging rescue mode if its not to low.

An example would be if your lower limit is set at 7 meters and you descending with a blade pitch of negative 3° (slowly descending) skids down from an altitude of 30 meters the Altitude Limit feature will most often execute correctly. However if you increase the negative pitch to say negative 7° (quickly descending) from the same height the Altitude Limit feature will fail practically every time, keeping in mind that the Trigger Acceleration parameter was always set at a value of 10 the highest value setting.

I think the example I have explained above will give a more clear sense of the situation I was wishing to express. I thank you Tomas for your time and efforts and reading the thread and know you and your team will come up with a viable solution.

Regards,
Kevin

PostPosted: Wed 26. Jun 2019 8:06:27 

Hello, I had the case with Trex 700, long inverted flight, the helicopter fell without warning, while broken, I seek how to repair the Geolink because it also broken but we do not respond to my emails.
I repair the Geolink module and I put it aside pending a reliable version.
Cdlt

PostPosted: Sat 29. Jun 2019 19:36:01 

Geolink didn't save me today although it worked when tested just after activation
I lost orientation doing inverted circuits
The heli dropped on its side straight in to a corn field
Luckily I managed to hit hold and limit the damage, somehow got away with just rear tail gears (Trex 500xt) . The crops took the impact well

PostPosted: Sun 30. Jun 2019 12:51:56 

hi ! I won t fly any Spirit helis until Tomas and his team come up with the fix for Alt limit , i am still need Spirit to rescue me when my fingers don t listening to my eyes , just want to know can we back date to the version before 2.6. ... it was perfect then .

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next