It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024 11:15:38

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sun 12. May 2019 18:31:44 

I installed a Spirit Pro w/Geolink into a Goblin 570 over the winter and was just able to start some actual flight testing. First impressions are good, the FBL unit seems to fly just fine on the basic settings. I'm just looking to answer a few questions I've been unable to figure out with the Geolink.

I calibrated the Geolink and for the most part everything seems to be working very well except for the following.

1.) I've got "Return to home" set on a three position switch with up being off, middle being return to home (on), and down being set new home point (on 2). Everything works fine on the software screen toggling between off / on / on 2. However at the field when I set the heli down and toggle to "on 2" to set a new home point the solid blue light doesn't change. The directions say to toggle it on for 2 or more seconds....I do that and nothing happens. Currently I'm using a home point set in the software for the middle of the runway at our flying field. I've only used RTH twice (two different days) the first time it came back and hovered out past the runway, about 50' from what I expected the actual home point should have been. The second time it game back further and was about to go over my head when I shut it off. I'd like to use the switch to set a known home point at the field and then see how it does.

2.) I've got multiple Geolink modes set the independent channels and switches in my radio and they work fine. The directions however say that you can combine modes with bailout (to save channels). The software lets me combine multiple modes on channel 8 (bailout) and on the monitor they all work with the intended switch. However when I go to exit the screen I get a popup that I have a conflict on channel 8. I was able to get around this by leaving the modes all assigned to different channels but then assigning all of the channels to the same switch.

I've used bailout for years and am familiar with it. The addition of pitch to self leveling makes sense since it gets the model safely away from the ground. With the Geolink however it seems like we can move beyond that with position and altitude hold. My goal if it all works is to have my bailout activate self leveling with position and altitude hold creating basically a "pause" button. There should be no need to climb if the heli stops and levels right where it is. Is that what I should expect with this setup? In addition I've got altitude limit and return to home programmed on independent switches.

PostPosted: Tue 14. May 2019 1:07:15 

When setting RTH you need to watch the Red LED on the Spirit NOT the Blue Led on the Geo Link.

PostPosted: Tue 14. May 2019 2:45:25 

LogoX2 wrote:
When setting RTH you need to watch the Red LED on the Spirit NOT the Blue Led on the Geo Link.

Got it...Thanks :)