It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024 11:57:08

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: failsafe RTH auto land?
PostPosted: Mon 11. Feb 2019 1:30:49 

Could we get a feature that returns the heli home, autolands and then enables throttle hold once it has landed?
As a failsafe if the FBL controller took over the heli landed it and shut it down that would be a great feature if you lost RX signal.

Programming the RTH location on startup initialization would also be a cool feature. I can never think of a case that I would need to program a different RTH location then where I took off from. So having it automatically part of the startup routine would prevent the mistake of not programming it.

I know you can program in RTH and auto land into the failsafe just by flicking the switches and choosing program failsafe. But it would be great if you had a checkbox to do it so that folks that do not have enough channels on their transmitter could also enable it. Enabling throttle hold after landing would also be vital.

PostPosted: Tue 02. Apr 2019 18:13:30 

U could do this by setting up return to home when in fail safe but throttle would need to remain on. so u could turn off your tx, it goes to preset throttle range and goes back home and lands. problem is it would keep running till lipo cut off. or you can turn your tx back on and hit Throttle hold.

problem with this is when you turn your tx off and model is still on it will spool up on you.

PostPosted: Wed 03. Apr 2019 1:04:24 

xokia wrote:
Could we get a feature that returns the heli home, autolands and then enables throttle hold once it has landed?
As a failsafe if the FBL controller took over the heli landed it and shut it down that would be a great feature if you lost RX signal.

Programming the RTH location on startup initialization would also be a cool feature. I can never think of a case that I would need to program a different RTH location then where I took off from. So having it automatically part of the startup routine would prevent the mistake of not programming it.

I know you can program in RTH and auto land into the failsafe just by flicking the switches and choosing program failsafe. But it would be great if you had a checkbox to do it so that folks that do not have enough channels on their transmitter could also enable it. Enabling throttle hold after landing would also be vital.

Having RTH programmed during startup is not safe. We power up our heli in the pit area
then carry it to the field. I would not want RTH programmed over the pit area.

PostPosted: Sun 21. Apr 2019 18:45:58 

LogoX2 wrote:
Having RTH programmed during startup is not safe. We power up our heli in the pit area
then carry it to the field. I would not want RTH programmed over the pit area.

Really simple solution if it’s an option don’t choose that option. This why it was requested as an option that a user can select as part of setup.

It not safe for you and your situation. Guess what this might come as a surprise but your situation is not everyone else’s situation. I power up my helis at the point I take off from.

PostPosted: Tue 23. Apr 2019 14:07:53 
Site Admin

We will make it possible.

PostPosted: Tue 23. Apr 2019 19:31:20 

ZeXx86 wrote:
We will make it possible.
Looking forward to it.
And thanks for bringing this up,xokia..

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu 18. Jun 2020 13:59:11 

Is this now possible with SW 3.1.0 and GeoLink 1.2
and how is this to program

PostPosted: Wed 29. Jul 2020 13:36:39 

Could you please clarify?
Is it possible to combine return to homle and auto land with one switch flip using 3.1.0?
if so, how do you activate this?