It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024 10:39:22

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Wed 14. Nov 2018 18:03:30 

Posted by accident in aero section yesterday..

I am finding that my new uSpirit which I haven't had off the ground yet, is doing some strange things on my oxy 2.

After some time, the swash will flick forwards and backwards a lot with barely any tilt of the device.

The sensor reading shows it fluctuating between + and - 75, for almost no movement of the heli.

Is this to be expected while on the bench?
YouTube video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dKeA1lCoa4

PostPosted: Thu 15. Nov 2018 8:59:26 
Site Admin

Hello,

thank you for the video.

The behavior is not correct but it look like it could be caused just by position in which the model is initialized.
Can you confirm that when the model is powered up it is laying with skids down - for example at the table?

Eventually you could attach your settings file (4ds) for both banks.
It is possible that for Bank 1 there is some super high value configured somewhere in the settings, while for Bank 0 it is configured properly.
Backup/Bank Comparison will show you what parameters are different.

PostPosted: Thu 15. Nov 2018 10:01:01 

ZeXx86 wrote:
Hello,

thank you for the video.

The behavior is not correct but it look like it could be caused just by position in which the model is initialized.
Can you confirm that when the model is powered up it is laying with skids down - for example at the table?

It is possible that for Bank 1 there is some super high value configured somewhere in the settings, while for Bank 0 it is configured properly.

Hello ZeXx86. Thanks for your help. When I am next at home and have some heli time I will check. It did it again once more right after that video, where I had re-powered the model. I was then on the ground trying to work out some vibrations indoors and it started to do the same. Then a little after that, I couldnt get it to repeat the same at all. I notice my gain was set unusually though (it was bound to a rotary knob on the tx that I was playing with.. the gain was at only -11% or something which would be an unusual number).

Next time it does it I will get the unit log and send over settings to you.
Thanks

PostPosted: Tue 20. Nov 2018 21:26:19 

ZeXx86 wrote:
Hello,

thank you for the video.

ZeX, is it supposed to do this behaviour if it is inverted? If I hold the heli upside down it will do this same thing, every time. Is that normal when in Rescue or Stabi(normal) ? Perhaps that's what it does to get itself the right way up ? Regardless, while experimenting here just now, it did it again when right way up too.

PostPosted: Tue 20. Nov 2018 22:44:28 

Just wondering if this is normal? : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtWDIPei3XM

PostPosted: Wed 21. Nov 2018 15:54:48 
Site Admin

Yes, this behavior is perfectly normal.
In the air the model will never stay at this position and immediately flip skids down. But since it is determining the shortest path to do so it is just changing direction.

PostPosted: Wed 21. Nov 2018 16:09:33 

ZeXx86 wrote:
Yes, this behavior is perfectly normal.
In the air the model will never stay at this position and immediately flip skids down. But since it is determining the shortest path to do so it is just changing direction.

Thanks ZeXx86. I am still getting to grips with what is normal with this unit!

I accidentally hit rescue while in my tiny back garden this morning, and the thing shot off up into the air very high, and I panicked and brought it down with a quite smash :-)

I think I will change my switch configuration a bit.

PostPosted: Wed 21. Nov 2018 16:53:43 
Site Admin

That is sad. You can decrease Collective Pitch so it is not aggressive at all. Also I recommend to use a momentary switch so you can engage the Rescue just for a fraction of second.

PostPosted: Wed 21. Nov 2018 16:58:42 

ZeXx86 wrote:
That is sad. You can decrease Collective Pitch so it is not aggressive at all. Also I recommend to use a momentary switch so you can engage the Rescue just for a fraction of second.

It's OK! amazingly it only damaged the fibreglass canopy and couple of links and servo arms. Also the blades, but they are thankfully only plastic £5 blades.

I do have rescue on a momentary (bank 2), but I also have a 3-way switch for bank0/1/2 and I clicked it too far over.. I will reconfigure the radio tonight , and yes maybe reduce the rescue pitch.

It would have been OK if I was in a field, but I was in my small back garden and it just shot up right above my head.. :)