It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024 17:58:30

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Tue 18. Sep 2018 20:37:13 

Hi, unfortunatly I lost my 600 T-Rex las friday. I had Geo Fence 300m radius 30m height activated and Pos hold with alt hold and RTH available. Maybee I lost radio contact to the receiver by unknown reason. Heli didn´t respond to commands but 300m is well within radio distance.
Geo Fence was programmed but was not working, RTH did not work because of receiver failure. Transmitter was beeping (Graupner MZ24 with SUMD, GR24).
Heli was going straight away and crashed after failsafe took over with last servo position and low rpm.

Is there any possibility of avoiding this? Second receiver possible activated on the spirit? Graupner ist supporting second receiver.

PostPosted: Wed 19. Sep 2018 16:56:08 
Site Admin

Hi Tabbie,

that is very sad. Could you download a logs from unit or GeoLink, please?
This could help us, we can find where it flew and if signal was detected properly.

Did you tried previously if Geo-fence was working properly?
Please note that the feature must be enabled by assigned switch, it is not engaged automatically even if you program the points.

Graupner has possibility to view logs, can you check also log from your radio? This can tell us if there was radio signal loss and if you are using telemetry with Spirit unit then we can find even more.

With this we can determine what happened and how to prevent it.

I hope you will repair the model soon and all will be fine again.

PostPosted: Wed 19. Sep 2018 17:35:29 

I,m sorry. I didn´t find the heli until today. It was going down in a wood about 400 meters from my position and all my searching friends in the club and I were unable to locate it. So there is a chance that I will find it at EBAY market later when a stranger found it.
We also cruised 3 sessions with a Phantom4 over the assumed the position but no fortune.
So I don´t have any log available and the Graupner telemetry was not activated because of the bluetooth connection. But this connection was going off about 15 meters away from my position.

Yes I activated RTH by a 3-pos switch with RTH(1) and off and RTH(2). Geo fence was also activated.

PostPosted: Wed 19. Sep 2018 17:54:19 
Site Admin

Ah, that is bad. I will send you PM regarding what we can do to help you.

PostPosted: Wed 19. Sep 2018 19:11:15 

Maybe it's a bit too late to know (battery drained) but do you still get a signal from your receiver in the MZ24 telemetry display ? Should be the case, it would be easy to spot and to recover your heli.

PostPosted: Thu 20. Sep 2018 6:20:27 

No, no signal from the T-Rex. Transmitter showed no RX signal immediately after crash. I believe it ist destroyed.