It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024 12:18:43

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Fri 14. Sep 2018 12:15:10 

I seem to be having problems getting my head around bank switching and have the rescue on the conditions linked to the giro channel.
How do you put rescue on its own channel, if I try to use bank switching on channel 7 and a three-way switch all hell breaks loose or the rescue doesn't work or goes in reverse?
I assume its the giro values but I've finally lost the plot and can't find how it should be programmed.
This is a concern for me now as I've also ordered the geo-link and if I can't set up the unit as is....I'm going to be right up against a brick wall.
The manual assumes I have a brain.........ummm debatable at best, and doesn't really explain how to do it as far as I can tell.
Its never been a problem before as I only ever used the rescue.
I use a Futaba 14sg and sbus.

I also have another topic going but this is related and I want to understand before I make a fool of myself, any more than I already have :D
Cheers, Chris. :|

PostPosted: Fri 14. Sep 2018 14:22:33 

Get bank O working exactly how you want. Then save it to a file. Switch Active bank to 1 in the Spirit software and then load the Bank zero file and save it to the Spirit. Switch active to bank 2 load the file and save again.

Now all three banks are the same and you should see no difference when changing the bank via channel 7. You can then start tweaking the settings the other banks.

On the Backup tab in the software is a two-headed arrow on the right. Click it and it will show the differences programmed into the banks. If the chart is blank they are all the same.

PostPosted: Fri 14. Sep 2018 19:49:55 

Thanks for the reply, I thought if you select save all banks its the same thing as the software opens 3 times the save location of the file. or if I just save one bank at a time, but 3 times.
Or and this is the better option at this moment in time ....open a bottle of whisky ;)
I think someone needs to do an idiot video guide for numbnuts like me.
Cheers Chris

PostPosted: Fri 14. Sep 2018 20:49:12 

I think I have found out where I was going wrong it's in my other thread.

PostPosted: Sun 16. Sep 2018 21:24:44 
Site Admin

Hello,

it is better to first set up Rescue in a way you wish and then to add the Bank Switching.

You can engage Rescue by a dedicated channel by assigning channel to the F: Stabi function. Then just set Stabi/Function to Rescue.
Here it is described in a greater detail:
http://manual.spirit-system.com/index.p ... te_channel

Once it will work, then I recommend to enable Bank Switching.

PostPosted: Mon 17. Sep 2018 1:17:35 

Thanks for the reply, this is the way I have it: rescue is on channel 10 in f: stab function working off my momentary switch.
I also have Banks set up on a tri switch, so far so good. so when I hit rescue all good then I switch to bank 1 which has stabilisation acro and nothing happens until I use the momentary switch in conjunction with bank tri switch and I can see the swash plate move to level much quicker than in normal mode when using the ailerons left or right, so I assume stabilisation acro on bank one is enabled until I let go of the momentary switch.
Now is this how it should work?

Thanks, Chris.