It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024 23:29:51

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Thu 07. Jun 2018 18:38:16 

First, I have to apologize for my poor english. Hopefully one can understand my descriptions.

I have some problems with my T-Rex 450 semiscale on yaw. If I do some yaw steering left(nose to left, backrotor pulling), the heli moves left backwards. Otherwise it moves forward. For better understanding I have filmed this. In the video I go to stable hovering and then only use yaw.
https://youtu.be/x7qVZ-r-W7I

COG is perfect. I have no idea what is wrong. On my t-rex 500 it works perfect. Any ideas?

Greetings Andreas

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat 09. Jun 2018 21:55:48 
Site Admin

Hello,

it look like some basic settings is not correct. Very probably CH1 and CH3 servos could be swapped and/or Swashplate type is reversed and/or some channel in your radio is not reversed correctly.
So these things could be wrong at the same time so that helicopter can fly, but not correctly.

This will cause that pirouette optimization is not in the right direction and model is changing direction with a rudder input.

PostPosted: Wed 13. Jun 2018 18:28:15 

Thank you for your reply.

In my basic setting (before changing Servos) the left servo is on ch1, the right is on ch3. I think this is correct.

But I tested it out changing servos, but there was no chance to get it work correctly. If I change the servo 1 and 3 it's possible to find a way to steer correctly, but the stabi then works wrong. I can choose if nick or roll compensation is in the wrong way. Both won't be correct. This would be fatal... ;-)

So, I think my setting is correct....

Perhaps the scale tail is the issue?

Greetings Andreas

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri 15. Jun 2018 11:05:46 
Site Admin

What I recommend is to check this page:
http://manual.spirit-system.com/index.p ... tive_Pitch

Although it is not directly related to your issue, I believe that going through the guide could solve all potential issues.
This then could exclude many possible errors either in mechanical setup and configuration of the unit or radio.

Yes, there is a chance that fuselage adds extra weight to a side, which is causing drifting. Something could be very unbalanced there. For example just direction of the rudder rotor thrust can influance it a lot.