It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024 18:52:02

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Tue 15. May 2018 2:15:38 

Spirit Pro with 2.43
Jeti integration on R3 EX / FW 3.25 / Output Period=AUTO
Kontronik Jive Pro FW 1.9 / telemetry with Spirit

Most of the time - when powering on the Spirit Pro, giving aileron movement will NOT move the 2 front servos (of 3 servo CCPM setup). Collective and elevator stick movement will make all servos (including the front 2 servos) move correctly.

Powering off / waiting a couple of seconds and powering back up will most of the time make the aileron movement work correctly.

PostPosted: Tue 15. May 2018 7:08:15 
Site Admin

Hello,

this is quite strange issue - never seen anything like this.
Could you please attach your settings here? (4ds file).

Did you checked the Diagnostic tab? There you might see the problem as well.
Try to power up the model and when the problem will occur, open the software and move with aileron stick.
In the diagnostic tab you might see that aileron is not moving.

PostPosted: Tue 15. May 2018 10:29:41 

OK - I will get this later tonight

PostPosted: Tue 15. May 2018 23:04:49 

Here is the diagnostic log and TDS file.

The diagnostic does not show anything in error - the receiver power fail are from my numerous tests.

Attachments:
tdf.4ds [255 Bytes]
Downloaded 19 times
spirit-log-2018-05-15-175345.pdf [84.66 KiB]
Downloaded 32 times

PostPosted: Wed 16. May 2018 21:09:26 
Site Admin

Thank you for the message.

I have checked the settings and although there seems to be few unconfigured variables I guess that the problem will not be there.

Could you try reconnecting the servos in the unit? For example to change connectors in the unit just to verify how the servos are behaving.
Unfortunately I have never seen any similar problem. Maybe some video could help to explain it (how the servos are moving).

I dont understand why the behavior is changing during next power up. So it is very strange.

PostPosted: Wed 16. May 2018 23:11:53 

I may do a video later tonight.

What happens on powerup, all swash servos go to neutral position, then a couple of seconds later the swash will move up/down to show completness of FBL startup.

When everything is fine, that’s it and I have full control from the TX.

When there is a problem, as soon as the swash has finish it’s up/down movement the aileron servo (front right) will move down (only this servo/ so not like if I gave aileron and the front left servo would move up at the same time). When this happpens an aileron command from the TX will not move anything, but collective or elevator will work fine while the front right servo remains offset from what it should be.

Subsequent power down/power up will correct this.

PostPosted: Thu 17. May 2018 7:09:53 
Site Admin

Thank you for explanation.

Now I understand it. Could you verify what will happen if you for example swap elevator servo connector with the aileron servo? Will this servo behave wrongly or incorrectly too?
It look like as if signal to the two servos is somehow connected to one but only sometimes. Are the cables tied together? Maybe these servos have cables partially cutted/shorted by frame. So then it is moving as one servo, maybe.

PostPosted: Fri 18. May 2018 3:33:06 

Well - after a bit more research and reading it appears this is a well know problem (behavior) caused by the BK servos demanding large amount of power a startup.

http://www.bkservo.com/faq/

I'm using a Jive Pro / bec at 8.0v with a 2S battery backup and even this does seem to provide fast enough power to the servos at startup.

There are other FBL units that have hit this problem also - I know some suggested workaround (don't know if this was implemented) would be a time delay to allow the servos to get full power before the FBL unit initializes.

Is this possible with the Spirit Pro ?

PostPosted: Fri 18. May 2018 7:12:06 
Site Admin

Ah, that is sad.

I can provide you special firmware with delayed servo startup. Maybe it will help. You might try to decrease BEC voltage to 6V. This could help as well. With 2S battery the powerup should be instant.

Unfortunately with more and more experiences from our customers we starting to not recommend BK servos to anyone... There are more and more manufacturing, design, electrical problems with nearly any of their servos :( Yet they stopped responding to our messages with intention to solve at least some of these.

PostPosted: Fri 18. May 2018 10:15:19 

Yes - if can you provide me with firmware - I will try it.

The BK web site says this behavior is not a problem - but I had a receiver failure (Jeti) and while I try to power off/power on correctly (leaving enough time / not messing when I reconnect) - It is possible this failure occur because of me reconnecting to fast etc

much appreciate your support, Mario