It is currently Sat 27. Apr 2024 12:53:16

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Tue 11. Apr 2023 2:35:17 

I use Spirits in all my helis and am building a new slick 580 that I wanted to try the AERO fw on. Ordered the GT and it arrived quicky. My setup is esc for throttle and using all the CH outputs as outlined in the AERO manual, including activated CH0 for the second elevator servo.

When connected and gyro active, the CH0 elevator servo doesnt move when the unit is tilted on the elevator axis, yet the servo on CH2 does move like its supposed to. Is this a bug or normal operation? I can't imagine that only 1 of the elevators have gyro compensation...

Last edited by mattinflorence on Wed 12. Apr 2023 5:03:45, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue 11. Apr 2023 23:29:55 

After testing, found the reason why this is happening...

There is no need to set the output to CH0 and assign the additional channel to it. It seems by default, that CH0 is already set to be the secondary elevator output. This however is not covered in the manual or wiring sections anywhere, other then which servos connect to where.

So, for anyone else that may run into this issue, the proper way is not to assign the output for CH0 as by defualt it seems to already be associated.