It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024 20:34:37

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: uSpirit in a foamie.
PostPosted: Wed 09. Aug 2017 20:51:21 

I had a chance to take my PA Katana MX with a Potenza Aura8 gyro in and fly it back to back with with the Hyper Bipe with the uSpitit in it. It was a gusty day and the difference between the aeroplanes is huge but.... The little 680gr foamie with the Spirit behaved better. The Aura only works in rate mode but I cannot attribute the difference in feel to that. With the Aura8 in the Katana, I get quite large twitches in the roll axis as if correcting for gusts, about say 30* twitches very noticable. Flying the little bipe you can see the spirit fighting the wind but much smoother and harriers are easier with the little bipe. As stated, the two planes are really different but documented, well flying 3D planes. I am now looking to replace the Aura with a Spirit Aero for sure. In all fairness I have not tweaked the Aura8 hardly. It flew well out the box and was my first gyro experience in a plane but my gut feeling is to switch pronto. Tweaking the Spirit (the tiny bit needed to fly amazing) is a breeze compared to the deeper menus and what they mean in the Aura8. The complexity made me not bother as it flew well and still does but I feel that a Spirit in my Katana (and any others I build) is going to be next level. Having flown the Spirit in my helis since 2014, I am confident in my feeling. Need to save a little now after vacation!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Post subject: Re: uSpirit in a foamie.
PostPosted: Wed 09. Aug 2017 21:46:15 
Site Admin

Thank you for your comments!

I can say that big difference could occur depending on the servo arm length. If there are oscillations, try to make servo arm shorter (if possible).
If no, decrease the Sensor Gain on the particular axis (I guess Aileron) to the point there will be no odd behavior.

In any way our goal is that the system can't get into oscillations even with a bad settings. Our future updates will make it pretty stable whatever will happen.

Post subject: Re: uSpirit in a foamie.
PostPosted: Wed 09. Aug 2017 22:56:57 

Tomas! Your work on the aero fw is excellent to date! I am getting the same smooth feeling in the little bibe I recognize from my heli. The aero fw has that same feel and the stabilizing is top class! Need another spirit for the Katana now. I have not had any oscillations as of yet but dont really feel a need to up the gain any more, or should I try?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro