It is currently Fri 29. Mar 2024 7:54:24

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Mounting Options
PostPosted: Sat 10. Jun 2017 20:24:56 

I was under the assumption that I could mount this with the unit "standing upright" with the bottom of the unit facing the front of the plane against the firewall... I thought that was Horizontal Inverted... is this wrong... the pictures are kinda hard to follow? could someone clear this up?

Last edited by RidgeMan on Sun 11. Jun 2017 0:23:15, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat 10. Jun 2017 20:41:05 

RidgeMan wrote:
I was under the assumption that I could mount this with the unit "standing upright" with the bottom of the unit facing the front of the plane against the firewall... I thought that was Horizontal Inverted... is this wrong... the pictures are kinda hard to follow? could someone clear this up?

In the pictures, the part that looks like a wide arrow points to the front of the plane / heli. Pictures are "taken" from the back looking to the front.

Anyway, post a picture of your mounted unit and we'll tell ya.

PostPosted: Sat 10. Jun 2017 20:50:00 

Thanks for responding.. here is what I had in mind... not sure why my pictures are always turned there there side... but you can get the idea... no room to put on floor or on the side of the plane.

Coco66 wrote:
RidgeMan wrote:

In the pictures, the part that looks like a wide arrow points to the front of the plane / heli. Pictures are "taken" from the back looking to the front.

Anyway, post a picture of your mounted unit and we'll tell ya.

Attachments:
mount.jpg
mount.jpg [ 326.5 KiB | Viewed 951 times ]

PostPosted: Sat 10. Jun 2017 21:12:14 

Not sure what you have is feasible...

Put it on the side and use one of the Vertical options...

(Inverted is "upside down")

Last edited by Coco66 on Sat 10. Jun 2017 22:08:41, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat 10. Jun 2017 21:25:51 

They should say "upside down" ! this was one of the main reasons for this purchase... it has the same problem as the Cortex Demon! to me... this seems like it would be a logical option.. if you mount this devices on the side of a plane your not in the center of the plane... can't see upside down of any use... so if it can't be fitted on the floor there isn't a good option... that's a shame, I guess I will try to make a tray off the wall and hope it doesn't vibrate to much... thanks for the help!!!

Coco66 wrote:
Not sure what you have is feasible...

Put it on the side ans you use one of the Vertical options...

(Inverted is "upside down")

PostPosted: Sat 10. Jun 2017 22:06:35 

Who cares if it's in the center of the plane? Does not need to be! Mount it on the side. Vertical. You think they are stupid or what? ))))))))

(BTW, upside down position comes from the heli world)

PostPosted: Sat 10. Jun 2017 22:13:41 
Site Admin

Position as of the Photo is really not supported at the moment.
Unfortunately from technical point of view it would be also not optimal regarding vibration transmission.
Place where is your receiver is perfect for the units, while place where you have unit right now is great for the receiver or other boxes that can be anywhere.
Yes, you can mount the unit on the "wall", it does not matter if it is in the center.

Post subject: Re: Mounting Options
PostPosted: Wed 28. Jun 2017 23:01:16 

I need to mount my Aero in the "vertical - 0o" orientation, but on the side wall of the fuselage (LiPo batteries taking space on floor, so RX and Aero need to be mounted vertically on the fuselage side wall (flat, perpendicular to bottom.)

QUESTION: the installation example in the online manual shows the "left" side mounted to the floor of the fuselage via double-sided tape. Can the double-sided tape be attached to the larger squarish surface and that surface attached securely to the side wall? It still would be "vertical - 0o", but the tape would be in shear.

The alternative is to build a stub floor / platform to attach the tape to the "left" side...

Thank you.
Michael

PostPosted: Thu 29. Jun 2017 11:21:09 
Site Admin

Yes, you can mount it also in the way you have described.
It is only important so that the surface will be not flex and also perpendicular to the axes of the model.
Then everything will be fine.

PostPosted: Thu 29. Jun 2017 12:37:22 

Thank you.

Michael
ZeXx86 wrote:
Yes, you can mount it also in the way you have described.
It is only important so that the surface will be not flex and also perpendicular to the axes of the model.
Then everything will be fine.