It is currently Fri 29. Mar 2024 0:46:28

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Thu 01. Jun 2017 3:39:49 

I have the Aero in a small plane just for testing so I can manipulate it around and see how the Aero responds.. I have ch5 set up on the left and right slider's... and switch A.. if A is centered.. channel is "0" or OFF, if A is up the gain 0 > +100 is controlled by L slider, if A is down gain -1 > -100 is controlled by R slider... this way it can be adjusted on the fly! BUT... I can't find anywhere that I would call AUTO LEVEL... or Self Leveling Mode... I own several Eagle Trees and A3 Super's... In a true SLM if you roll the plane the AIL's should move to bring it back to level... if you hold the plane out of level... the AIL's should remain in that position until it is brought back to level... The Aero isn't doing that... at least I can't find that setting... ether on positive gain or negative... if you keep the plane tilted the ailerons will slowly return to the neutral position even though the plane is still tilted... this is a stabilization mode... not SLM. It's the "Heading Hold" mode on all other Stabs. So... can someone tell me how to access the SLM... or this isn't what I'm looking for!

Also: When the plane is sitting still... and I move the sticks and then release them quickly... the surface moves quickly back to center.... ALMOST... when it gets about 80% back.. it slows waaaayyy down... and then kinda ticks the last part back to center? I haven't flown it yet... but this isn't good if your making quick moves back to center, I couldn't find a good way to get rid of this... turning the gains way down does, but it also takes away the stabilization!

Anyone know what I'm missing... or is this it... in which case it's back in the mail..

Thanks, RidgeMan

Last edited by RidgeMan on Fri 02. Jun 2017 3:43:05, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu 01. Jun 2017 12:49:13 
Site Admin

If the Self level stabilisation is active, then you have to see in the Diagnostic tab that there is Head-Lock + Stabilisation.
If you can't see Stabilisation, then the Self level is not active and normal flying mode is engaged.
Make sure that you have Stabi/Function configured to the Stabilisation.

Regarding second question - this is perfectly normal and correct behavior. Same as to the FBL unit what you can see on the ground is very different than what it is doing in the air. We are not trying to make same to other units, so this is reason why it might behave very differently.
So actually it is not good to get rid of this behavior as this is very normal and doing so will cause actually improper function.

PostPosted: Thu 01. Jun 2017 19:26:47 

Check my other post about the channel gain... I put pictures there... maybe it should have been here? they are sort of related.

ZeXx86 wrote:
If the Self level stabilisation is active, then you have to see in the Diagnostic tab that there is Head-Lock + Stabilisation.
If you can't see Stabilisation, then the Self level is not active and normal flying mode is engaged.

Regarding second question - this is perfectly normal and correct behavior. Same as to the FBL unit what you can see on the ground is very different than what it is doing in the air. We are not trying to make same to other units, so this is reason why it might behave very differently.
So actually it is not good to get rid of this behavior as this is very normal and doing so will cause actually improper function.

PostPosted: Fri 02. Jun 2017 3:30:29 

Hey ZeXx86, followed your instructions! and BAM!! Working in SLM as advertised... it has taken me a bit to get my head wrapped around it... you have been GREAT! Thanks You.. I've got it installed in a test plane.. a Millennium Master, will test fly soon but all looks good... Here's a couple of screen shots.. seems to be reading the ch5 gain fine now, made some adjustments to the curves the sliders are using. Thanks, Bob

ZeXx86 wrote:

Attachments:
20170601_211043.jpg
20170601_211043.jpg [ 224.95 KiB | Viewed 607 times ]
20170601_211022.jpg
20170601_211022.jpg [ 304.93 KiB | Viewed 607 times ]
20170601_211010.jpg
20170601_211010.jpg [ 279.78 KiB | Viewed 607 times ]