It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024 19:55:47

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sun 12. Mar 2017 9:02:39 

Hello Tomas!
Had yesterday my first flight with my Edge 540 1700mm and the Spirit Aero!
My basic settings were Global Gain 60 / Sensor Gain 50.
Direction Control is set to 1, you can not adjust via WIFI or APP ???
I had to go down with Global Gain up to 15, so that the model still half-heartedly reacts to my control commands?
Ask :
1) Can Direction Control be adjusted only with PC and USB? Why and should I set the value to 5 for my model to react faster?
2) How does global gain and sensor gain interact with each other, is both the same, or does it react differently?
What should I adjust so that I can stabilize well and at the same time have a crisp model?
Without gyro support, the Edge is very aggressive, directly and I would also like to have the gyro support so !!
3.) What does the app at the top right of the key? Is there something locked?
I can not set all parameters via handy. Some have a small one? And there are dark backgrounds. What does that mean?
4) My goal is to achieve maximum stabilization (without swinging) and maximum agility!
Ask for your ideas and help !!

Greetings, Gernot

PostPosted: Sun 12. Mar 2017 21:03:06 
Site Admin

Hello Gerry!

great!

With Direction Control do you mean "Feed Forward"? You can change it in the Advanced settings in both Android and Wifi (Web Spirit Settings).

1) Feed Forward is by default at 5 - it is affecting how smooth the control can be. If value is low, you can feel a dealed or slow flip/roll rate. - it is something like Dual Rate in your transmitter.
2) Global Gain is multiplying all 3 Sensor gains for Aileron, Elevator, Rudder. So if you will set 50% for Global Gain then there will be only half of the gain that you will set for all sensor axes.
If there are oscillations only in Aileron, then you can decrease only Aileron Gain while rest can stay as is.
3) If you are talking about Android app, then you have enabled "Basic Mode" - in this mode only some settings can be changed - settings that should not cause any major problem with your settings. You can turn it off in the Connection tab (Menu)
4) Then you should increase all Gains as much as possible without oscillations and enable Head-Lock mode if you want that it tracks precisely. If you have not used similar units, then Normal can be better for beginning.
It is good to use Global Gain first, so there are no oscillations visible and then increase Sensor gains to axes where it is possible.

PostPosted: Mon 13. Mar 2017 7:07:48 

Hello Tomas
Yes, I mean my direction control rate!
It can not be set in the bar settings. Is it the same as feed forward? This setting is under Advaced!
Greetings, Gernot

PostPosted: Fri 17. Mar 2017 15:34:10 

Hello Thomas!
Should I set the Global Gain to 100% and then go down with the individual sensor gain, or 50% Global Gain and the Sensor Gain?
For your advice?

Greetings, Gernot

PostPosted: Fri 17. Mar 2017 15:47:38 
Site Admin

Hello Gerry,

direction control rate is used only for Stabilisations. For normal flight you do not have to configure it at all.
Do you use stabilisation?
Direction control rate is changing behavior when you hold for example elevator/aileron for longer time. Then stabilisation will turn to this side even when you return sticks to the center. With higher value it will be more visible. With zero practically disabled.

I recommend to start with Global Gain at 40% as described in the manual. You can start even at 10% and then increase by few percent each flight until you will see some oscillations.

PostPosted: Fri 17. Mar 2017 16:01:17 

Hello Thomas!
I fly with Rescue normal as with the helis!
Thus, direction control is not active.
With feed forward I can aggressively make the model, currently 5, is much too soft!
So leave all 3 sensor gain at 50 percent and start with the Global Gain until it wiggles! Then make fine adjustments with the individual sensor gain!
Is that so really. In something irritated, as I had to down with the Global Gain down to 15 per cent!
I will be the first feed forward to about 10 places so I have the model right at the stick and feel it better.

Greetings Gerry

PostPosted: Sat 18. Mar 2017 14:26:06 

Hello

PostPosted: Fri 24. Mar 2017 8:23:16 
Site Admin

Hello Gerry,

if the steering is too soft, you can increase Advanced/Feed Forward. This is exactly for this.
Or by soft you mean slow in rotations?

Yes, you are right. The best is to start with default values and increase slowly Global Gain, which will set all the gains higher or less.

PostPosted: Mon 29. May 2017 15:40:37 

Hey Gerry, I'm just installing my Aero (Spirit Pro) it seems you have figured some of this out.. I'm a bit confused on the modes... how do you know that your in "Rescue normal" what gain on what channel... it's not like a light turns on when your in it... if you could share your channel settings it would be great!
Thanks

gerry wrote:
Hello Thomas!
I fly with Rescue normal as with the helis!
Thus, direction control is not active.
With feed forward I can aggressively make the model, currently 5, is much too soft!
So leave all 3 sensor gain at 50 percent and start with the Global Gain until it wiggles! Then make fine adjustments with the individual sensor gain!
Is that so really. In something irritated, as I had to down with the Global Gain down to 15 per cent!
I will be the first feed forward to about 10 places so I have the model right at the stick and feel it better.

Greetings Gerry

PostPosted: Tue 30. May 2017 8:13:13 
Site Admin

You will see when it is on and off in the Diagnostic tab including gyro mode (Normal/Head-Lock).
It only depends on what function you will select in the Stabi/Function.
So that you can engage or disengage selected Function anytime you want.

There are two ways how to activate the selected Function. One is by using Global Gain channel (great in case of low channel radio or connection)
or by a dedicated channel. See this page:
http://aero-man.spirit-system.com/index ... Stabi_mode