It is currently Sat 27. Apr 2024 11:25:45

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Auto rescue gtr
PostPosted: Sun 08. Oct 2023 23:17:32 

Spirit gtr all setup and working great but the auto rescue is not accurate on activation at times..

If I hover the heli and set auto rescue at 10ft, when I lower heli it's quite accurate on auto rescue and also on forward flight, the problem I have is moderate backwards flight it auto rescues at approx 40 ft.
The fbl is on the back and top of the heli so therefore is getting more airflow in backwards flight.

Could the hole be taped up to reduce pressure and still function correctly?
If not how is the unit sensing pressure?

Post subject: Re: Auto rescue gtr
PostPosted: Sat 04. Nov 2023 21:03:55 

I can't believe no one from spirit has responded to this question! I've even emailed directly and still no reply.....

In the meantime I tried this and didn't make any difference

Attachments:
IMG_20231027_154650.jpg
IMG_20231027_154650.jpg [ 1.77 MiB | Viewed 324 times ]

PostPosted: Mon 06. Nov 2023 17:16:01 

I have 3 helicopters with Spirit and GeoLink and know the problem. Unfortunately, there is always a deviation of a few metres in the rescue altitude. But 30 feet is a lot. How do you determine the actual altitude of the rescue operation? What does the log file say? A rescue altitude of 10 feet seems very low to me. I choose at least 8 metres (26ft) as the rescue altitude. I would say the actual rescue height is between 6 and 10 metres. In strong winds there are even greater deviations. I think there is no solution to this problem. That's why I suggested that you get a warning when the heli is approaching the rescue altitude.

Konrad

PostPosted: Mon 06. Nov 2023 19:33:14 
Site Admin

Hello,

your question was placed at the Wishlist/Bug report section so it was unfortunately overlooked.

Canopy shape and mounting position could make big difference unfortunately. This is directly affecting pressure development inside.
Taping hole will make the problem rather more apparent. You could try to cover it or mount the unit from other side of the boom if possible.

PostPosted: Mon 26. Feb 2024 19:13:01 

i have now turned the fbl 180 degrees around so the wires are now facing forward and this has corrected the issue alot so only deviation is now a couple of feet.

so now working alot better when trying fast backwards flight.

PostPosted: Tue 27. Feb 2024 7:40:30 

interesting finding - so possibly/maybe there is some kind of pressure delta caused by the air stream blowing into the connectors from the back in backwards flight... could be one reason that some have problems and some do not (i do not have those problems - connectors facing front and the Diabolos have that huge canopy protecting the gyro plate even from back side).

you could anyhow try the follwing: do a straight backwards flight several times with constant height and check the height in the log afterwards - does the height change in the log even constant height?

Ciao
Michael