It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024 15:10:31

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sun 26. May 2019 20:54:27 

I've have a Spirit w/GeoLink installed on my T-Rex 470LT for some time and finally have made time to start experimenting with the GeoLink. I have every feature programmed on it's own channel/switch and responding on my computer/Spirit Settings correctly. I have updated both the Spirit and GeoLink with the latest FW. Stability works though I rarely use it. Position hold works great. I have altitude hold on it's own 3 position switch and when I engage it the heli shoots straight up :shock: and it does this on both the +100 and the -100 position. Any ideas on why this happens? I've tried lowering the vertical gain from 80 (default setting?) to 50, the lowest it will let me with the same results. I don't have any Stabilization engaged and since the heli flies great otherwise and practically hovers hands off I'm pretty sure it's nothing mechanical. I've calibrated the compass and it's reading dead on 90* when facing north. So far the only features I've tried are Stabi (normal), Position Hold and Altitude Hold. :?

Last edited by Old Swashplate on Mon 24. Jun 2019 13:03:44, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon 27. May 2019 7:15:14 
Site Admin

Hello,

I am not sure why your question is in this section, but can you tell me what does mean when it is "not working"?
Do you mean it does not work at all?

You can easily verify in which mode the unit is, what feature is engaged at the Aid tab. It must be active.

PostPosted: Mon 27. May 2019 15:05:31 

ZeXx86 wrote:
Hello,

I am not sure why your question is in this section, but can you tell me what does mean when it is "not working"?
Do you mean it does not work at all?

You can easily verify in which mode the unit is, what feature is engaged at the Aid tab. It must be active.

Tomas I apologize if I posted in the incorrect section, I wasn't sure so I posted here. I also apologize if I wasn't clear with the issue I'm having. What's happening is when I have position hold and altitude hold assigned to separate switches the heli ascends rapidly upon activating altitude hold AFTER activating position hold. It does this using "On 1/+100%" and "On2/-100%" switch position. I have since assigned position hold and altitude hold on the same switch and it now holds altitude with position hold but only in the "On 1/+100%" position. If I set up the switch for position hold and altitude hold to the 'On 2/-100%" position the heli still ascends rapidly. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe with altitude hold set to "On 2/-100%" the heli should hold the altitude of when it was activated and not allow altitude changes with the collective. All of the features I've set up are responding exactly as set in Spirit Settings/Aid Tab and not activating any unintended features such as altitude limit. I'm only using position hold and altitude hold, no Stabi/Rescue or any other features.

PostPosted: Mon 24. Jun 2019 13:03:00 

After crashing my Spirit (accidentality flashed the unit with my heli backup file) and ordering/installing a new one I'm pleased to report the altitude hold is working correctly. Maybe there was a glitch with my original Spirit, not sure but the new one definitely works. I do get an up/down bounce of ~10'-15' when I first engage altitude hold but it settles down after around 30-45 seconds. I noticed this effect was less with each consecutive flight. Also I was only seeing 7 satellites locked before my first flight but when I checked it in Spirit Settings after the fourth battery it was showing 12 satellites locked in. I remember somebody posting about the GeoLink acquiring more satellites the longer it runs, makes sense. Anyway I do have altitude hold working in both the On1 and On2 positions now. I'm confident when my original Spirit arrives back after being flashed with the correct firmware it will also operate correctly. Thanks Tomas!