It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024 14:03:04

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Fri 16. Nov 2018 15:28:51 

Update.. It's looking like this might actually be a transmitter problem. I started to see some strange swash tilting on my other helis (nearly caused a crash) and I found that intermittently the Tx seems to be mixing aileron to throttle/collective. This is happening on all models i have programmed and even on a fresh model i created in the memory.

So looks like decision time on the Tx, either send it away for repair/service (has to go to Germany i believe so i'd be without Tx for a while) or upgrade time.. I was kinda looking at Jeti so may be someone trying to tell me something!

PostPosted: Sat 17. Nov 2018 21:25:35 
Site Admin

Thank you for the update.

You could try to increase Stick Deadband to maybe 20. In a colder weather it is quite normal that a stick potentiometers are loosing precision and could start to drift as well.
This change could help.

In the worst case a pot is worn but a replacement can fix the problem. This issue will be visible in MONITOR directly in the radio. So that some stick/channel will not return exactly at the center.

PostPosted: Mon 19. Nov 2018 8:24:59 

Thanks for the suggestions. The Tx has been sent away to Horizon for service. They say that they recognise the issue and there is a fix for it. It is a strange one because it's not like a worn pot where the stick output doesnt centre. The aileron channel actually moves with collective as if there was a mix set between the two (there is not), even when i'm not touching the aileron stick at all .

Video:

Last edited by RC_Nut on Mon 19. Nov 2018 8:38:10, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon 19. Nov 2018 8:34:40 
Site Admin

This is really odd, but it explains all the problems. I wonder how the issue developed.

Thank you very much for the video.

PostPosted: Mon 19. Nov 2018 8:40:59 

It was when i noticed similar issues on three different helis that it dawned on me that the Tx could be at fault. I very nearly crashed my Goblin 770 because of this. I asked Horizon to give me a report on exactly what the fault is so if they do tell me I'll post back as it might be useful for anyone having similar issues.

PostPosted: Mon 19. Nov 2018 17:04:54 

Might be what Spektrum calls Phantom Mixes. A fellow pilot had a brand DX18 right out the box with them crashed a brand new EDF because of it. I also had on my DX9 after deleting a mix but it never really went away, had to delete the model and start a fresh one.