It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024 13:52:29

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sat 27. Jan 2018 16:50:35 

hi when setting up spirit pro i have strange servo behavior .
when powering up first all is working fine however after a while swash will tilt to 1 side and 0nly 1 servo will stop moving but if i power off and back on then everything is moving as it should again.should i be worried or is this just down to sitting on bench for a while.thanks brendan.

PostPosted: Sat 27. Jan 2018 21:51:33 
Site Admin

Hi,

unfortunately I have never seen similar issue. Could you please send more details about your setup and possibly record a video of the behavior?

The behavior should be always same after initialization.
If not, then it could be caused by:
- servo issue
- some BEC problem
- used capacitor as backup

With more info I can help more.

PostPosted: Sat 27. Jan 2018 22:32:21 

Hi

I've one Pro that lightly drifts to the left at first initialization, but it doesn't bother me because I've just to re plug the battery and all is fine.

I use a capacitor so It can be the reason.

PostPosted: Sat 31. Mar 2018 19:34:23 

hi been a while however i still have a problem it is as follows.sometime when i first power up the swash will give couple of normal pumps as it should and when i move controls they move but sometime the spirit pro will not move swash back to centre i mean if i give say left aileron swash tilts to left but on releasing control swash remains tilted to left it looks like control signals are getting to heli and spirit gyro is not working sometime.Radio is i am using is horus x10 with x8r receiver connected to spirit with male to male servo lead via sbus.
now to add today i changed over to spare spirit pro today and had 1 flight so far everything working as it should making me wonder is sbus inverter faulty in the other spirit pro.
thanks brendan.

PostPosted: Sat 31. Mar 2018 21:29:49 
Site Admin

Hello,

if you can observe difference between two units, then with one something is not OK.
It looks like a problem with gyro sensor. If the swashplate is not returning to the center, it is sensing a movement or stick input. If gyro is drifting for some reason (e.g. due to too fast temperature change), the problem could occur (the unit thinks there is a movement). But for sure it is not normal (if both units are mounted in the same way with identical wiring).
In any case we are able to fix it.