It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024 17:04:50

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sat 16. Sep 2017 8:05:26 

Rescue is great but mechanical error can't be saved by Rescue.
So I suggest using averaged reaction behavior in normal condition,
If it is too off par (due to HW mal function) then rather SL & cut motor
and minimize crash cost.

This decision should be determined less than 0.1s If user it the rescue key.
and do what pilot pre-programmed.

What do you think?

PostPosted: Sun 17. Sep 2017 20:24:40 
Site Admin

Hello,

it could be implemented. But it could instead induce failed detections where it will trigger even if not needed.
There are cases like a gusty wind which can for example cause tail to do a flip on its own. At the same time this can mean also failing tail mechanics.
In situation like very fast forward flight there are additional forces that are pushing the model to a specific sides.
So it is never perfectly clear in a short period. To work reliably at least 3 seconds might be needed.

On the other hand our future update will bring something that can solve the problem even better. Soon we will see.

PostPosted: Thu 21. Sep 2017 12:11:17 

ZeXx86 wrote:
Hello,

it could be implemented. But it could instead induce failed detections where it will trigger even if not needed.
There are cases like a gusty wind which can for example cause tail to do a flip on its own. At the same time this can mean also failing tail mechanics.
In situation like very fast forward flight there are additional forces that are pushing the model to a specific sides.
So it is never perfectly clear in a short period. To work reliably at least 3 seconds might be needed.

On the other hand our future update will bring something that can solve the problem even better. Soon we will see.
Hi,

I didn't mean full automatic mechanical error detection.

Full autonomous flight sounds good and can be very useful for some serious project. but that's not what I meant.

For a long time and still, we RC pilots are used to flip "hold stick" for uncontrollable situations.

Now you gave 3D pilots, the "rescue" switch.

Do we have to hold or rescue? 'cause hold means "damage but less damage." rescue means "no damage or big damage."

I'm sure you understand what I mean.

Now If I hit the rescue switch, and movement is on par it's rescue. but hey tails are gone for some reason (I think most of the problem) then it's SL and Hold (or slow throttle for less damage)

What advanced 3d pilots think is that the rescue is not useful because it's not easy to decide to flip hold key or rescue key. let's make it as just one key. (with pre-assigned options, it's their choices :-))

KH