It is currently Fri 29. Mar 2024 13:30:22

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sun 07. May 2017 19:21:04 

Me and someone of the rc-heli.de forum have experienced promblems with the recognition of the Hott sensor functions.

Colleague:
-Software 2.4 having problems with an Unilog 2 as Genral modul and the spirit simultaniously as electric modul. The Unilog disappears most of the time after plugging in, if it works he can't change settings there. With the Spirit as electric he has similar problems. He can't change settings after having them changed once in the Unit until the next power up.
When disconnecting the Spirit telemetry everything works fine again. After reverting to 2.3.1 everythings back to normal.

Me:
-My Spirit unit is an general modul and works only until the first landing with the same battery. I suppose it disconnects earlier but as I can't watch the display inflight I don't know when it happens. I just use the RPM display to see when we are at speed for takeoff and after landing with running motor it shows 0.

Greetings
TPK

PostPosted: Sun 07. May 2017 19:26:40 
Site Admin

Hello,

this problem is caused, because when you switch to other sensors with some Graupner transmitters, it will stop to send data to the unit.
But at this time, the unit is checking for data and if there are no data, it will switch to the USB connection as it thinks the cable is unplugged.
This is also indicated by the Status LED on the unit - when it will happen, the Status LED will be turned off as described in the ChangeLog for 2.4.

Because we are aware of this issue, we have changed the way how the users can switch the USB connection in the upcoming version. And in the few days it will be fixed officially along with other news too.

If you wish, we can send version where the feature is turned off immediately.