It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024 20:37:41

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 291 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 30  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: GPS?
PostPosted: Sat 14. Apr 2018 9:47:54 

ZeXx86 wrote:
Since we do not want to make a compromises, we have decided to use the best available components at the market.

That is what we want, and that is what we buy even when it is expensive. :D

My only problem is that i have only one Helicopter to equip. :roll:

PostPosted: Sat 14. Apr 2018 19:18:47 

ZeXx86 wrote:
Our original idea of the very low cost module changed due to unsatisfactory performance. We have changed design about 10 times to find the best components. Since we do not want to make a compromises, we have decided to use the best available components at the market.
So what you will get for the price is what competition could in the future offer for 5 times higher price.
Thus we are convinced that the resulting price is super cheap for what you will get. Since manufacturing costs are very close, we are even not able to provide any discount, especially not in the first batches.
All in all, the cost is approximately 3 - 5 times under a competition with their old hardware (not counting much more expensive FBL units that you need as well). So we are very glad we were able to set it that low.

I think the price of this unit is VERY, VERY REASONABLE and the features it offers are what most pilots would expect and more in a GPS module plus the fact it offers the possibility of future upgrades and features. I say HATS OFF to Tomas and his team for bringing the hobby another fantastic product that I believe will offer new pilots with a great tool to confidently progress quickly with their flying skills by reducing the fear factor and possibly reduce crash costs as well.

Thanks again Spirit Team for listening to your customers and producing quality products at very reasonable prices. I will be purchasing a couple of these units as they become available.

Kevin

PostPosted: Sun 15. Apr 2018 16:50:20 

I agreed with Genesis 100 % . It’s a good and reasonable price for it purposes. Just 1 crash would be way over the cost of the GPS. Myself I have 10 on my wish list for me and my buddies. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue 17. Apr 2018 11:51:16 

the most important is the performance and reliability of the system. It would be nice to have more information. A video from one of the test flights would help. Then it is best to judge whether it is worth the price.
If it works reliably you have already saved the costs if it only prevents a single crash.

PostPosted: Tue 17. Apr 2018 16:24:26 

I also agree with Genises and his comments any time a product can save a Heli from a crash , than that product is worth the money no matter what the price . This GPS unit is much cheaper than the Skookum which now is unsupported, there’s the DJI for Helis which is also very expensive . Looks like the Spirit GPS is the cheapest out there , and I know it will also have the best customer support. The least we all could do is thank Tomáš for having a passion in the sport and always trying to better it .

PostPosted: Fri 20. Apr 2018 22:52:48 

ZeXx86 wrote:
Hi,

1m is safe if just loosing orientation in basic maneuvers. Of course when flying fast in direction of ground the model is unable to recover.
Yes, it can work with any kind of flying.

One meter is pretty amazing. Nothing comes close really

ZeXx86 wrote:
Since we do not want to make a compromises, we have decided to use the best available components at the market.

Thus we are convinced that the resulting price is super cheap for what you will get. Since manufacturing costs are very close, we are even not able to provide any discount, especially not in the first batches.

Thanks Tomas

Your explanation was fair enough specially that you added a pressure sensor (among others sensors) to make the complete product more reliable for its functionality.

Question is when can you start accepting pre-orders?

PostPosted: Sun 22. Apr 2018 10:09:10 
Site Admin

During next week we will receive all the goods from which we will be able to finish the modules. This will mean we will have hardware already ready for sale. At this point we will check all units and once we will find there is no problem, we can start with pre-orders. Then there will be nothing that can surprise us.

PostPosted: Sun 22. Apr 2018 18:57:00 

ZeXx86 wrote:
During next week we will receive all the goods from which we will be able to finish the modules. This will mean we will have hardware already ready for sale. At this point we will check all units and once we will find there is no problem, we can start with pre-orders. Then there will be nothing that can surprise us.

AWESOME NEWS Tomas and Team! Thanks and Congratulations again, Dave :D

PostPosted: Sun 22. Apr 2018 20:16:47 

Hi Thomas,

When do you expect to reopen the sales of the GPS, I still have the message back order for the geolink.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon 23. Apr 2018 3:21:53 

^^^^...Read the second post above yours.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 291 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 30  Next