It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024 11:09:47

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Return to Home
PostPosted: Sun 19. Aug 2018 7:00:45 

One question please
When I turn the Return to Home on, the helicopter returns normally back to the point I have set, but afterwards it is moving away, and quickly.
what can I do wrong?
Thanks

Post subject: Re: Return to Home
PostPosted: Sun 19. Aug 2018 12:13:28 
Site Admin

Hello,

you can check if other feature is not engaged and also that the Compass was calibrated.
If yes, then make sure there is no conductive/magnetic bolt under the GeoLink, or there is no canopy magnet or servo near the module.

PostPosted: Sun 19. Aug 2018 15:36:07 

Thanks for your answer.
I will do a check of everyone from the beginning and I will let you know.
Τhanks

PostPosted: Mon 20. Aug 2018 21:17:55 

I have a similar issue on my trex 600e
With RTH selected it didn't alway come back. Sometimes it would come back and just fly past the home point and keep going. normally in a backward direction.

I originally had a 24" cable connecting geolink to spirit, thought this might be the problem so fitted an 18" lead. No difference?

The only thing left I could see that I thought may cause a problem was the antenna from my spektrum TM1000 which was within 4cm of geolink.
Moved this away from geolink and what a difference. I had 7 five minute flights using RTH and it worked everytime, it was only on the 8th flight that I tried it and it flew over the home position and kept going further and further away.

When veiwing the flight log I can see the point at which the heli flew away and it shows 12 satellites, so why didn't it work correctly?

Thanks

PostPosted: Mon 20. Aug 2018 21:27:17 
Site Admin

Are you using Spektrum satellites?
I think we have found an issue when satellites are loosing signal and switching between each other - this could happen when flying further. This has connection with GeoLink, fortunately we were able to find and fix the issue. It will be available within 2 days I guess.
But it is only in case the satellites/SPM4649T are used.

PostPosted: Mon 20. Aug 2018 21:40:21 

Hi, no, unfortunately I'm using the SRXL channel on a Spektrum AR9020 receiver.

PostPosted: Tue 21. Aug 2018 8:48:20 

Návrat domů, pro mě absolutní luxus. Kompas jsem zkalibroval na letišti. Po kontrole klasickou busolou údaj sedí docela přesně +-2 st od 90 stupňů, jak je popsáno v manuálu.
Před startem načtu novou domovskou pozici. Odletím caa 30m přepnu na návrat domů vrtulník se nakloní směrem k místu startu a za chvilku visí nad místem odkud jsem odstartoval . Výšku lze pohodlně korigovat kolektivem a polohu vrtulkou . Klonění ani klopení v tomto režimu nereaguje . Dovoluji si tvrdit, že návrat je s přesností +- 50 cm. A to je pro mě absolutní špička. Pokus jsem opakoval asi 3x , protože se mi tomu nechtělo věřit. Pokaždé se stejným výsledkem.
Děkuji týmu Spirit za špičkový výrobek .

PostPosted: Tue 21. Aug 2018 21:17:10 

I too must confess that I was very impressed with the return to home feature so much so I ordered another Geolink straight away. During my initial flights I activated RTH many times and everytime it returned. However now and then it either didn't return or started to return but did not stop at the home position. When it's failed to stop I've gone back to normal mode flown the heli back closer, re-engaged RTH and its gone straight back home and hovered there spot on the mark. To try and gain confidence in the unit I've repeated the test several times but every now and then it fails. I have followed the instruction manual to the letter so I am perplexed why it fails every now and then?

PostPosted: Tue 21. Aug 2018 22:05:49 
Site Admin

dub: Děkujeme za skvelé zprávy!

Omegatron: Hello,
if it does return in right direction, then it look like the Spirit unit is not receiving data or is receiving them rather sporadically.
This could mean for example issue with connection - cable.
I recommend to try exactly what you have did at the beginning at it worked. If it does not work anymore with the same settings as it was working, then I guess something is broken. Did you settings changed in some way? Are you re-programming Home position by your radio?

We recommend to use our cables provided with GeoLink or 50cm available in our eshop. There are unfortunately many cables, even original from Spektrum that are failing from the beginning.

PostPosted: Wed 22. Aug 2018 19:42:30 

Hi Tomas, thanks for your reply,

The only setting that has changed is horizontal gain, I have gradually reduced this setting over several flights to try and smooth out the flight path corrections hoping it would slow the helicopters return speed and give it time to stop over the home position. It has slowed the responce but it still fails to stop at the home position sometimes.

I am programming the home position by radio. Which seems to works very well.

If it was a problem with the cable between the two units would that not show up as missing data on the flight log?

Although I'm on my second cable I will order one from you just in case it is simply dodgy cables.

Kind regards.