It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024 11:47:31

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Tue 04. Dec 2018 23:07:59 

Here's something that I can imagine would not be too hard to implement and a great aid for newer Pilots !

During RESCUE , on GeoLink fitted machines of course as it would not be possible without , an option to Yaw the Heli back to original Tail-in orientation could be implemented !
This is assuming that you began your flight (more-so initialised the unit) Tail-in of course.

I know personally that early on something like this would have been appreciated as it takes some time to regain your composure after a close call , and to take back control in this basic flight position a great benefit.

Last edited by Van Scott on Wed 05. Dec 2018 1:04:08, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed 05. Dec 2018 0:43:00 

Man...! This will be God sent,if it can be implemented...

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed 05. Dec 2018 0:50:46 

I’m no programmer or alike however as the GeoLink has a Compass and is capable of so may other things I can’t see why it would be a problem. Actually I would assume it could be implemented quiet easy.

What we are looking for is a return to the original orientation of the unit at startup. As most Pilots and particularly newer ones usually takeoff from a Tail-in orientation, a return to same compass heading as when the unit was initialised is all that is required !
Obviously initialisation would have to be implemented with the Heli pointed in the direction one was planning on having it at takeoff (and Rescue). I initialise on the flight-line in takeoff position so no issue. If you usually move the machine between initialisation and takeoff, original orientation heading at startup would have to be considered.
I guess it could be taken a step further and a reset option like offered with Home position could be made available to provide for those who are in a situation where they wish/need to reorientate the machine after startup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed 05. Dec 2018 10:44:22 
Site Admin

Yes, this feature can be implemented quite easily. We will add it :)

PostPosted: Wed 05. Dec 2018 11:50:20 

Hello I'm speaking I think I understand the subject.
It's a good solution, but you have to leave the choice with or without, if you add the direction to the orders of the cyclic for the rescue, it moves too much the machine and personally I would not like.
Cdlt

PostPosted: Sat 08. Dec 2018 2:10:10 

ZeXx86 wrote:
Yes, this feature can be implemented quite easily. We will add it :)

This is the kind of support and development of a product that many companies need to take a look at. Spirit has set a new standard with it’s ongoing support that has been in place from day 1.

I originally purchase my first unit as I had experienced the benefits of having a Rescue feature available however at the time only one other company offered it & were asking extremely high prices due to virtually zero competition. Spirit entered the market and were offering an alternative at less than half the price at the time. I took what I thought a gamble on a unit being made in Europe from a small unknown company. Had no idea if there would be much if any support or how long they would be in business.
History will now show I made the right choice.

Will there be much support ?
Answer, yes and like no other company , putting to shame virtually all particularly it’s direct competition despite it’s massive resources !

Will it deliver ?
Answer , yes it started out as a worthy contender and has developed into a product/company that is leading the way in features , ‘tune-ability’ and price !

Will they last ?
Answer , A big yes ! I can’t see these guys going anywhere (but up) for a long time to come if they keep producing products and support in the fashion we have seen !!

Thanks again Team Spirit. !