It is currently Fri 19. Apr 2024 1:00:37

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sun 23. Aug 2015 16:20:17 

ZeXx86 wrote:
I believe that your settings is OK, when your Gyro Gain function is unassigned in the software you are controlling Rudder Gain in the software, not in the transmitter.

For beginner it is easier so you can stay with it.

You can increase your Gyro Gain even more, until you see any difference. It should be as high as possible until you will see tail oscillations (during pitch pump or fast forward flight).

What is your helicopter and tail servo? I can help you with correct values for Rudder Delay and Piro Consistency which are very important.

Hi thank you once agian for your reply, the heli is a Oxy 3 tail servo is a Savox SH-0257MG.

Regards Alan

PostPosted: Sun 23. Aug 2015 16:28:00 
Site Admin

Thank you for the info.

Unfortunately this servo is not constructed for rudder usage. Unfortunately these servos are not behaving too well even on the cyclic (they are fine for flybar helicopter as cyclic servos).
Generally I do not recommend to use any Savox or Align Micro servo, because there is no coreless motor. Thus you are risking failure even if your flying is not acrobatics.

You have to set maximally 60Hz for these servos and use Rudder Revomix to make it work to some extent.

PostPosted: Sun 23. Aug 2015 16:59:40 

ZeXx86 wrote:
Thank you for the info.

Unfortunately this servo is not constructed for rudder usage. Unfortunately these servos are not behaving too well even on the cyclic (they are fine for flybar helicopter as cyclic servos).
Generally I do not recommend to use any Savox or Align Micro servo, because there is no coreless motor. Thus you are risking failure even if your flying is not acrobatics.

You have to set maximally 60Hz for these servos and use Rudder Revomix to make it work to some extent.

Hi now you have me concerned as i have 4 Spirit flybarles units and all are running either Savox or Align servo's, I have just looked at the spec for the SH-0257MG and it says suitable for rudder upto 450.

Regards Alan

PostPosted: Sun 23. Aug 2015 17:22:12 
Site Admin

Well, you can type everything on the web.
Unfortunately from our experience there are servos with the same cost, but performance is few times better.

There is pure DC motor, that can be burned in flybarless helicopters - this is by design. For some pilots it is working for months, but if I can recommend, there are really much better servos. You can see the difference just immediately in precision and speed and especially in the flight.

Usually rudder servos should be at least 0.07s/60° and motor have to be Coreless. Mostly all digital servos are Coreless, except Micro servos. Micro servos are equipped very often with DC motor which is the reason, why it look like that bigger helicopters are more stable and precise. In reality your 450 can fly as stable as 700-size helicopter but servos that are behaving similarly to standard size are very expensive. For example MKS DS95/DS95i.

But if you are using these servos and you are satisfied, then I believe it should work and there is rather other issue.

Have you other helicopter that is same and this one just does not work?

PostPosted: Sun 23. Aug 2015 17:39:42 

ZeXx86 wrote:
Well, you can type everything on the web.
Unfortunately from our experience there are servos with the same cost, but performance is few times better.

There is pure DC motor, that can be burned in flybarless helicopters - this is by design. For some pilots it is working for months, but if I can recommend, there are really much better servos. You can see the difference just immediately in precision and speed and especially in the flight.

Usually rudder servos should be at least 0.07s/60° and motor have to be Coreless. Mostly all digital servos are Coreless, except Micro servos. Micro servos are equipped very often with DC motor which is the reason, why it look like that bigger helicopters are more stable and precise. In reality your 450 can fly as stable as 700-size helicopter but servos that are behaving similarly to standard size are very expensive. For example MKS DS95/DS95i.

But if you are using these servos and you are satisfied, then I believe it should work and there is rather other issue.

Have you other helicopter that is same and this one just does not work?

I have had the Oxy 3 for around 6 months running on Spirit with these servo's and have been more than happy with its perfomance upto now, the issue regarding the sloppy tail and modal drifting left is stab mode has only been since i have set up bank switching.

As for my modals on Spirit i have a Goblin 380, Protos 450, Warp 360, Oxy 3 all are using Savox or Align servos.

Thanks Alan

PostPosted: Sun 23. Aug 2015 17:51:59 
Site Admin

Great.

Can you attach your settings from all 3 banks, please? (3 files)

If you are changing between banks you should clearly see in the diagnostic tab, that Rudder Gain is changing too. Respecively Rudder Gain in the Sensor tab should equal to the diagnostic tab.

PostPosted: Sun 23. Aug 2015 18:33:14 

ZeXx86 wrote:
Great.

Can you attach your settings from all 3 banks, please? (3 files)

If you are changing between banks you should clearly see in the diagnostic tab, that Rudder Gain is changing too. Respecively Rudder Gain in the Sensor tab should equal to the diagnostic tab.

It seems that i have something wrong as when switching banks i do not see the Rudder or the Gyro changing in the diagnostic page.

here is my current set up for all 3 banks.

Attachments:
Oxy 3 bank 2.4ds [255 Bytes]
Downloaded 77 times
Oxy 3 bank 1.4ds [255 Bytes]
Downloaded 74 times
Oxy 3 bank 0.4ds [255 Bytes]
Downloaded 69 times

PostPosted: Sun 23. Aug 2015 18:46:07 
Site Admin

Your settings seems to be OK.

I think that you will not see the difference, because you are trying to switch the banks from your transmitter right now.
But when software is running, you have to switch banks through the software.

So I recommend to increase your Gain. If you will not see any difference, then it seems as there is something wrong in the tail mechanics that the servo can't move freely with it.

The best way to verify if everything is OK there is to:
1. disconnect push rod from the rudder servo arm.
2. unmount all blades
3. start the motor to flight RPM
4. move carefully with push rod from one side to another so you will check if the tail mechanics is still smooth even when the motor is running.

Then you will know what you should fix. If you can't move with the push rod freely, then you should check the mechanics. Mostly it is bearing issue or something assymetric. Smoother is your mechanics, better tail performance you can get. So even too tight ball linkages are not good.