It is currently Sun 28. Apr 2024 16:09:06

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Mon 04. May 2015 8:53:03 

Dear All

This seems to awkward, but I plan to use spirit on flybarred helis for the sake of rescue. I plan to buy some spirit units for mounting them to my gasoline powered large helis with flybar. When I check the manual there are statements saying then spirit rescue modes can be used with flybarred helis. But I am bit confused. How it works without connecting the cyclic and throttle servos to unit. Because manual said that we need to connect only the rudder servo and gear channel to spirit for using like a standard gyro. According to feedbacks I will decide. Is there any videos or some kind of documentation for understanding better. Thank you everybody in advance.

Regards;

PostPosted: Mon 04. May 2015 9:00:56 
Site Admin

Hello,

if you want to use the rescue mode with flybared helicopter servos should be connected in the very same way as for flybarless helicopter.
So then the configuration is also performed as with FBL head, except in the final you will only check Flybar mechanics in the Stabi tab.

So basically you can perform very same steps in both cases.
You do not need to connect Throttle servo to the unit. It can be still controlled by the receiver.

Only when you are using the unit as standalone Gyro, you will only need to connect rudder servo.

PostPosted: Mon 04. May 2015 10:36:48 

Thank you very much for the quick response. So when I put the Spirit on a flybarred heli I connect all cyclic and rudder servo with Gear channel to the unit except throttle servo, and made the necessary selection from the computer setup. In addition I did not need any extra Gyro for holding the boom. As a result I can use all rescue function of the unit such as self leveling and bail our. Am I correct? Did you or your flight team try to mount the unit to a flybarred heli. I am happy to hear others experience if any. Thank you again.

PostPosted: Mon 04. May 2015 10:41:14 
Site Admin

Yes, you are very correct.

Of course we are testing the unit on flybared helicopters too.
There are many customers with flybar.

In addition you will gain also some benefits similar to flybarless helicopter in regards to the flight characteristics.

PostPosted: Mon 04. May 2015 12:17:56 

When the next update comes out with gov control you could connect thr through spirit and use it as your gov.

PostPosted: Wed 24. Jun 2015 15:20:10 

Hi

What do you mean by "You do not need to connect Throttle servo to the unit. It can be still controlled by the receiver.: ?

If I want to use the Spirit on my Flb 450 with DMX sat......shouldnt I connect the Thr to the Aux channel ?

Thanking you ?

Ters