It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024 10:37:26

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Tue 13. Mar 2018 2:53:25 

Changed settings as per Thomas's suggestion . Again I centered the servo and added 4 degrees of pitch of counter torque ,to the tail blades. My servo centering is at 162 in both directions left and right changed Pirouette consistency to 185. I left all other settings alone , than it came to do a test flight I did 6 high speed runs which was full collective and elevator and the tail held with no shutter on my last and final run it shuttered for about 2 seconds I would have to say its 90% better . My piros still seem to slow when at full left or right rudder. My gyro settings are still at 30 in my DX9 radio.
Where do I go from here ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

PostPosted: Tue 13. Mar 2018 4:13:25 

I believe 162 on both left and right rudder travel (324 total travel) may be on the high end of the limit. Lots of resolution at the expense of travel speed. Even if the helicopter manual tells you to use a certain rudder servo arm length, consider going up a servo arm hole distance to achieve a more optimal rudder control loop.

PostPosted: Tue 13. Mar 2018 13:36:24 
Site Admin

I am afraid, but in this case it look like it would be better to use a shorter servo arm because Gyro Gain is already very low.
Some servos have very high resolution, for this reason values are relatively high.

But it is more important to obtain higher gain without oscillations to get better performance. It should be at least 50%.

Is the tail rotating for both sides with the same speed?

PostPosted: Mon 26. Mar 2018 0:56:05 

Will im back and i have tried everything to get this 700 to fly . I tried all the sugestions given to me and it still dosent fly right . Ive even changed servo with new settings .
I did remove the Spirit and installed a Beastx since im very familiar with the set up. I wanted to eliminate the mechanical
set up as to which many say it is . The Beastx did not fail ,first flight with gyro set at 41.5 it flew like it was on rails ,piros with full left or right rudder were lightning fast i would say twice as fast as the Spirit. tail is locked in with no shutter what so ever in fast forward flight or in quick maneuvers.
What are we missing in the Spirit setup, there has to be some setting that will increase the piro speed and eliminate tail shutter at high speed.

PostPosted: Mon 26. Mar 2018 7:09:50 
Site Admin

Hello,

thank you for the message!
Since Spirit can rotate up to 2000°/s I guess it can rotate faster than BeastX. It is only required to increase Speed rotation in the Sensor tab.
Values around 12 should be already fast for the most 3D pilots.

The only thing that could limit it are parameters such as Rudder End-points (for the rudder). But if there is full travel.

If this does not help, then I am afraid the sensor in your unit is probably not operating correctly.
For this reason we will need the unit to check and fix it, since it is not normal for sure.

PostPosted: Mon 26. Mar 2018 15:50:22 

Thank you very much for the reply. I do have another brand new Spirit Pro in a box , I purchased two units , I will install the other unit to see how it works. Testing on the bench everything works fine full left and right rudder . What I’m puzzled with is the tail shutter at high speeds I even went as low at 25 on gyro gain and it still shutters . I will let you know how the second unit responds . It getting colder here so it may be a couple of weeks before I get back to you .

PostPosted: Mon 26. Mar 2018 21:34:13 
Site Admin

You are welcome.

OK, just for confirmation - did you also tried any other servo than BK?

Indeed it should really not oscillate with so low gain. Normal flight Gain is around 70%. If Rudder Delay is configured according our Servo list, then there is no reason to do any oscillation.

PostPosted: Tue 27. Mar 2018 2:02:21 

Yes I did try another servo I had a new KST 905x

PostPosted: Tue 27. Mar 2018 10:21:35 
Site Admin

Ah, very well. I hope it will work well with the second unit. Then it will be clear.

PostPosted: Tue 17. Apr 2018 16:15:57 

I would like to thank Tomáš for all his help in getting this 700 to fly . It flies awesome and I am very pleased with the outcome . It did take some time to set up properly, but it was well worth it . Looks like I will be purchasing more Spirit Pros for my other Helis .
Thanks for the great support and patience.