It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024 21:57:50

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Mon 04. Sep 2017 0:35:20 

My helicopters tend to make a visible right aileron tilt of very brief duration before it goes back to initial attitude whenever I give positive collective from stable hover. The swash is leveled at high/mid/low stick. I am not sure which parameter should take care of this. I am thinking:

1) Increase Cyclic Gain

2) Increase Flight Style value

3) Tilt swash to the left at high stick using "Servo Travel Correction"?

Has anyone else encountered this right aileron tilt whenever giving positive collective from stable hover? If so, how have you solved this?

PostPosted: Mon 04. Sep 2017 12:37:04 
Site Admin

Hello,

this should normally not happen at all (if mechanically it is configured correctly).

I recommend to start with checking this:
1) Start the software, enter Servos tab
2) Tick the Subtrim (tuning) menu
3) Observe servo arms of all servos and check if they are in the center position (at least be eye) - any non-neutral deflection is wrong.
4) Fold blades together so that they are near each other
5) Verify if they are in the same level
6) Make a one rotor rotation (360°) and during this turn, observe if the blades are in the same level.

This is the easiest and usually the most precise way how to check if the mechanical center is correct.
If it is not correct, then corrections that are in unit can't act well, because geometry of the head/travel is unequal in both directions. So then such deflections can occur.
In some models, there is a play, but even with this it is sometime more precise method than with a digital level.

Thing that could affect such behavior is changing Cyclic Gain and also Geometry 6° value. If Geometry 6° is not good, it could compensate too little or too much. Flight Style has no effect on this. Servo Travel Correction should be always configured with usage of cyclic leveler. But usually also usage of Servo Travel Correction is not needed.

If all is OK, this behavior should not occur even with bad CG.

This behavior (problem) is very likely responsible also for your Tic Toc / Elevator issue.

NOTE: If you are using a BK servos, then some models are jittering or loosing their holding force (in some conditions). Then it is responsible for all problems. Unfortunately BK is not willing to solve any of their issues. This is just a side note, if you have BK servos. Fortunately we have found a trick how to make it better.

PostPosted: Mon 04. Sep 2017 12:51:54 

Also check monitoring in your transmitter if it not send aileron change during collective movement. This happend to me and behaviour was same as yours. After TX replacelemt everyting is OK