It is currently Fri 29. Mar 2024 11:08:36

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Wed 19. Apr 2017 9:39:14 

Hello Tomas,
Is there any plan to integrate Spektrum transmitters ? If there is, can you give an eta for that?

PostPosted: Thu 20. Apr 2017 7:24:15 
Site Admin

Hello,

unfortunately Spektrum transmitters does not offer this functionality yet. Only some telemetry data can be possible, but not configuration as with Jeti, HoTT or FrSky :(
We have to wait until Spektrum will add the possibility.

PostPosted: Thu 20. Apr 2017 9:26:52 

ZeXx86 wrote:
Hello,

unfortunately Spektrum transmitters does not offer this functionality yet. Only some telemetry data can be possible, but not configuration as with Jeti, HoTT or FrSky :(

Hi... I follow spirit progression in a French forum (Heli4.com) with some friends like igloo, Paparomeo, joce, derailleur....
Now I m register here because normally I will have a spirit next month.
About spektrum, maybe there's some possibility with the 4649T satellite, because i think it support bi-directional srxl.

PostPosted: Thu 20. Apr 2017 20:22:00 

ZeXx86 wrote:
Hello,

Hello,

Is it about software of spektrum transmitters? Did you ever try to contact Spektrum dev. team? I know, they are totally useless but there should be an attempt to initiate this progress.
Is there anything that we can contribute?
I like Spektrum at all but I hate their insusceptibility about developing new items. Orange ( 3rd party supplier for Dsmx receivers ) made DSMX w/ SBUS integrated telemetry receivers 2 years ago.
You can ask how the hell Dsmx is used with SBUS, I don't know the technical details but it works flawlessly. Spektrum still could not release a reliable bi-directional receiver.
I 'm going to replace all Spektrum items with Jeti in case I find appropriate cash, because it looks like it'll take a lot :cry:

As a result, if you say that we can support about pushing them to add this feature, I can organize some people from multiple forums :geek:

Thanks

PostPosted: Thu 20. Apr 2017 22:05:37 
Site Admin

Their bi-directional satellite is enough to make it work. So the problem is just in the software - what is in the Spektrum radios.
The support can be added probably in one day if Spektrum dev team want.

Yes, we have tried to contact them, but without any response.
It is hard to get to the right people. So our questions will probably not reach them at all.
So first we need to get contact.

PostPosted: Thu 27. Apr 2017 8:53:24 

Hi... I don't understand why it's not possible. I think I don't have the correct ideas.
I m writing an email to spektrum, so I think it will be better if I understand very well the problem.
For example, the configuration is :
- dx9
- ar8010T
- esc hw v4
- spirit;)

We want to receive the data from the hw in the dx9.
For the wiring :
- we can plug the hw on the spirit, throttle connector.
- we can plug the ar8010T in SRXL
- telemetry doesn't work because srxl is not bidirectional (I talk about this upgrade in my hh email)
- but X-BUS connector is free on the ar8010T

HH provide a documentation for the x-bus
"Specification for Spektrum X-Bus Telemetry Sensors Enabling Use of Non-Spektrum Sensors"

Link
https://www.spektrumrc.com/ProdInfo/Fil ... _Specs.pdf

So I don't understand where is the bug that cannot permit to share the value from the spirit by the ar8010T... and to the spirit to make "a bridge" between the HW and the ar8010T.
Sorry if there's a big mistake in this post.
Thanks a lot in advance...

PostPosted: Thu 27. Apr 2017 21:22:36 

Pachy, the scenario you describe is not the "integration" that this thread talks about.

The integration would be the ability to configure the Spirit unit through the TX, without the need of USB or BT or WiFi module and App or PC software. This is already possible with Jeti, Graupner and Taranis AFAIK, and not possible with Spektrum.

PostPosted: Thu 27. Apr 2017 21:25:11 

Oh sorry, i thought this post talk about telemetry too...